Configuration.yaml Could not be parsed

I’ve been getting an odd error lately when trying to make any changes in configuration.yaml

File ‘configuration.yaml’ could not be parsed, it was referenced from path ‘configuration.yaml’.This file will be ignored. Error(s): - YAMLSemanticError: Implicit map keys need to be followed by map values

I migrated from and SD card to an SSD about 2 weeks ago. I’m not sure if this has to do with that as I did not test after the migration.

I have upload the screen shot of the error.

Configuration Yaml Error

Can you post up the yaml or maybe use pastebin, remembering to redact any sensitive data.

Very difficult to advise without being able to see it.

Check for missing/wrongly indented brackets/quotes

The Pastebin is below. The config.yaml file is pretty simple. I have not done much with it a few weeks prior to the SSD migration. Also, the Check Configuration gives me a green Configuration valid! message when I run the test.

The only thing I can see there is the double spacing here:

http:
    ip_ban_enabled: true
    login_attempts_threshold: 3

hmm

automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

the ‘fault’ could also be in one of the includes…
(the parser doesn’t check individual yaml’s, it just reads it as one config.yaml)

Then probably it could be like any of these files contains same keyword:

automation:

I haven’t made any changes directly in those Yaml configs. i will double check those.

I removed the extra spaces that rossk suggested. I had those in the since the beginning and this is the first time this has given me issues. I no longer get the error message like above. I will play around with it the next couple of days and see if this fixes the issue.

1 Like