Configuration.yaml Error. Need Help

Hello I am new to Home Assistant and have run into an error with the configuration.yaml file that I do not seem to be able to solve. I am getting an error “. Error loading /config/configuration.yaml: expected ‘’, but found ‘’ in “/config/configuration.yaml”, line 3, column 1”

I have included a screenshot of the configuration.yaml file. Please help!

It’s not in configuration.yaml exactly but in one of the files referenced within it (theme automations, scripts scenes). You recently altered something, possibly a theme, and it contains a syntax error (probably a misplaced quote). Review whatever you changed recently.

Shouldn’t there be a colon after homeassistant in line 1?

Untitled

So hopefully changing line 1 to look like below should stop the error.

homeassistant:

Odd but I checked my confiuration.yaml and I don’t have a ‘homeassistant’ line at all. I’m far from an expert, but my instance works fine without it. But that aside, as Taras stated, it is likely to be one of the items called by default config.

That line explicitly calls the core Home Assistant integration, and allows you to set options for it, such as including packages, or using custom folders as a media source.

It’s true that if you aren’t setting any options here, you don’t need the line on its own, so the other approach the OP could take is to delete it all together.

Right, missing :