Configurator: git push not working, ssh not found

I have a problem with the configurator add on. It is working fine on editing files, but i cannot use git push with it. It results in an error:

Cmd('git') failed due to: Exit code 128
cmdline: git push --porcelain origin
stderr: 'fatal: cannot run ssh: No such file or directory
fatal: unable to fork'
/config

I have installed the SSH addon, and, since /config is already a git repository, i am able to do all the git operations on the command line, including pull and push. Only the configurator itself isn’t able to do this. How can i fix this?

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?

The same here.

AFAIK each Add-on lives in its own Docker container with its own filesystem - the container for the SSH Add-on includes ssh (unsurprisingly!), but the container for the Configurator doesn’t. The definition of what’s included seems to be here: https://github.com/home-assistant/hassio-addons/blob/master/configurator/Dockerfile .

I was able to add the client by getting a terminal on the host system and running “docker exec apk add openssh-client”. Now my problem is that there’s no copy of my SSH key file in that container, so I get permission denied.

@adamgreg did you ever get this figured out?

I’m running into this as well on Hassio 0.96 and Configurator add-on 3.4. The docker container for the Configurator add-on does not have ssh installed, and there is no capability to add a key pair to the container. Seems like it would be an easy fix to add ssh in the docker config. Not sure how the keypair should be handled, though.

In any case, the HASS Configurator maintainer does not seem to like hassio issues on the Configurator github project, so I don’t know where else to raise this issue. I would prefer to stay in container land and not to access the host OS at all for my installation.

I would be happy to write a fix/pull request if anyone has ideas for solving the keypair problem in a sane manner.

Here’s the correct place: Issues · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

In fact there actually seems to be a discussion on how to solve the issue with the SSH keys here: configurator: Add git SSH support by adamgreg · Pull Request #592 · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

Awesome, thanks!