Configuring Geofency - asking for an how-to documentation

Dear All,

sorry to bother this community with a newbie question: is it possible to have a complete “how to” guide that describes how to install and configure Geofency in HA?

I have installed the application on my iPhone, configured one location (my home) with the name “Mazzini” and activated the WEB Hook using the configuration string provided by HA when I installed the Geofency integration (by the way is it possible to find that URL written somewhere else, in case one misses to write it down when it was shown?).

When I test the Enter and Exit connections on the iPhone I get a positive result (it seems to work), but I still do not see any device in the page Configuration -> Integrations -> Geofency Webhook (in the “Configured” part of the screen), it shows the message:This integration has no devices.

When I made the first test with the iPhone, ad written in some documentation that I found, the webhook has populated the known_devices.yaml with something like:

xxxxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx:
hide_if_away: false
icon:
mac:
name: xxxxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx
picture:
track: true

and I have changed the “name:” attribute with my name and added a nice photo of myself in the .homeassistant/www directory obtaining the following:

xxxxxxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxx_xxxxxxxxxxxx:
hide_if_away: false
icon:
mac:
name: marco
picture: /local/marco.jpg
track: true

In the configuration.yaml I have added the following code:
geofency:
mobile_beacons:
- marco

In the example found in the documentation there are two “beacons” named “car” and “keys”: is it possible to know, since this is an integration with a specific iOS application named “Geofency”, where is it possible to find this application on a commercial gadget that can be attached to the keys or what automobile uses iOS?

After this “configuration” restarted the whole HA.

Now on the “Map” view I see my nice photo that moves around Italy when I simulate the “Enter” and “Exit” of other location that I have configured in the iPhone, but, still the page Configuration -> Integrations -> Geofency Webhook, shows the message:This integration has no devices

What am I doing wrong?
If I populate the other attributes, like “icon” in the known_devices.yaml when the system uses the photo and when it uses the icon?
In order to use the “Enter” or “Exit” triggers, what is the correct syntax (xxxxx… or marco)?

Last but not least: where have I got to add the logic to perform an action (example turning off a Sonoff switch if I “Exit” a location) and is it possible to have a working example of such code?

Thanks in advance to everybody. HA is amazing :trophy: but the available documentation is very scattered :mag_right: and it is difficult to find a complete end-to-end description on how to use the integrations (by the way where can I find the description of each “Integration” in order to have an idea of what is its usage without configuring it?)