Configuring Home Assistant for Smartthings

Hello,
Thank you for allowing me access to this great place! I am new to HA so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I am attempting to set up my HA environment on my QNAP NAS. I am running HA as a docker within the NAS using Container Station. The QNAP NAS has Let’s Encrypt built into it. I set up a subdomain at mydomain.myqnapcloud.com and I downloaded the certificate for this domain to my PC. Within the ZIP file that I download is the certificate, private key and intermediate certificate. The file names are SSLcertificate.crt, SSLIntermediateCertificate.crt and SSLprivatekey.key.

I opened up TCP port 8123 from the internet to the HA docker’s IP address.

My question is, how do I get HTTPS to work on this HA docker? I have been playing around with the YAML configuration but am unable to get it working. I see online documentation is saying to add the configuration in below and change it accordingly to match your domain.

http:

• ssl_certificate: /home/your_user/.homeassistant/certificate.pem*
  • ssl_key: /home/your_user/.homeassistant/privkey.pem*

Obviously none of the files I downloaded match the *.pem file extension. I placed the cert files in the same directory that my yaml file is located.

My question is how do I get this to work? My end goal is to get my Smartthings connected to HA and the only way I can do so is by getting SSL to work.

Thanks
Nick