Configuring Parameters on a Fibaro FGMS-001 (or other devices)

at the bottom of the first screen shot :stuck_out_tongue:

Once you click 66: Temp offset you get …

OK. Thanks I am getting there (slowly). My only issue now is that config parameter area is greyed out and won’t drop down or let me enter anything into it and I don’t see the 'A short between … ’

Do I need to set anything else higher up? I have set the initial ‘Nodes’ to the correct device but not selected anything else. I notice this appears to work fine for all my other devices

I assume this probably means the device hasn’t auto-configured correctly or I have set something incorrectly.

Any thoughts.

PS - Thanks for the help.

It always looks greyed out what happens when you click it? Hmm it looks ok in the first screen shot as it says complete, so it should work and allow you to click the config parameters line, if it doesn’t then I’ve reached my knowledge on what could be wrong :frowning: have a look in the logs maybe - the zwave logs. It could be the group thing thats stopping it - I don’t have my group set to anything - i.e. it still says group. Try setting the group to basic.

Thanks for the info. When I click the Config Parameter area or the drop-down arrow nothing happens. Just goes a light grey while clicking.

I have spent the morning playing with this device and still no further forward. I have even installed Open ZWave Control Panel (OZCP) which lets you talk more directly to the Z-wave network. I can see (and set) the parameters for my other Fibaro device but not for the Motion Sensor device parameters. I have Removed and re-added the device 3 times, rebooted systems etc and still not able to see any parameters in either HA or OZCP. I can’t see anything obvious in the OZW_Log.txt log but to be fair I wouldn’t really know what I am looking for.

I am starting to think it is a fault with the device but can’t get my mind round why all the Node entities are visible and reporting correctly. The clue may be in the ‘FIBARO System Unknown: type=0801, id=1002 (Node:10 Complete)’ Node name - Any idea why HA isn’t picking up the name correctly (it does for the other Fibaro device - a switch)?

I have e-mailed Fibaro and Vesternet (who I bought it off) but don’t hold out much hope. The other thought is to install a clean HA and see if that helps or even a different home automation system.

I must admit mine is 2 years old (my sensor that is :slight_smile: ) so you have exhausted my knowledge on zwave, mine just worked :slight_smile: , however mine is in basic group mode not lifeline (which yours is in), maybe that’s the difference, i don’t know. Hopefully someone else that knows more will chime in :slight_smile:

I think I am getting there. Basically the Parameters of a device aren’t automatically discovered. The entities are. So to see the parameters a config file is required with the info in it. For older devices I assume they are all part of the Hassio build but for newer ones they have to be manually installed see Where are the ZWAVE manufacturer and device files in Hassio? . I think this explains it.

I have the config data and I am now trying to integrate it into the config file /config/zwcfg_xxxxxx.xml.

Its not trivial this stuff is it. Thanks for your help. I am not sure I would have got this far without it.

No worries I hope you get it sorted soon :slight_smile:

Well I suppose the good news is that its a hell of a way to learn the detail of these things :rofl:

My zwavexxxxx.xml looks like this for my Eye…

<Node id="13" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="32" specific="1" type="Routing Binary Sensor" listening="false" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="CacheLoad">
		<Manufacturer id="10f" name="FIBARO System">
			<Product type="800" id="1001" name="FGMS001 Motion Sensor" />
		</Manufacturer>
		<CommandClasses>
			<CommandClass id="32" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC" version="1" request_flags="4" after_mark="true" mapping="48" setasreport="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="48" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_BINARY" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="bool" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Sensor" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="False" />
				<SensorMap index="0" type="32" />
				<SensorMap index="0" type="48" />
				<SensorMap index="0" type="205" />
				<SensorMap index="0" type="207" />
				<SensorMap index="0" type="223" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="49" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL" version="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Temperature" units="C" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="25.7" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="General" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="316" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="3" label="Luminance" units="lux" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="51" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="86" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CRC_16_ENCAP" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="112" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="Motion sensor&apos;s sensitivity" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="10">
					<Help>The lower the value, the more sensitive the PIR sensor. Available settings: 8 - 255 Default setting: 10</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="Motion sensor&apos;s blind time (insensitivity)" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="15" value="15">
					<Help>Period of time through which the PIR sensor is &quot;blind&quot; (insensitive) to motion. After this time period the PIR sensor will be again able to detect motion. The longer the insensitivity period, the longer the battery life. If the sensor is required to detect motion quickly, the time period may be shortened. The time of insensitivity should be shorter that the time period set in parameter 6. Available settings: 0 - 15 Formula to calculate the time: time [s] = 0.5 x (value + 1) Default setting: 15 (8 seconds)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="PIR sensor&apos;s pulse counter" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="3" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>Sets the number of moves required for the PIR sensor to report motion. The lower the value, the less sensitive the PIR sensor. It&apos;s not recommended to modify this parameter settings. Available settings: 0 - 3 Formula to calculate the number of pulses: pulses = (value + 1) Default setting: 1 (2 pulses)</Help>
					<Item label="1 pulse" value="0" />
					<Item label="2 pulses" value="1" />
					<Item label="3 pulses" value="2" />
					<Item label="4 pulses" value="3" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="PIR sensor&apos;s window time" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="3" vindex="2" size="1">
					<Help>Period of time during which the number of moves set in parameter 3 must be detected in order for the PIR sensor to report motion. The higher the value, the more sensitive the PIR sensor. It&apos;s not recommended to modify this parameter setting. Available settings: 0 - 3 Formula to calculate the time: time [s] = 4 x (value + 1) Default setting: 2 (12 seconds)</Help>
					<Item label="4 seconds" value="0" />
					<Item label="8 seconds" value="1" />
					<Item label="12 seconds" value="2" />
					<Item label="16 seconds" value="3" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="6" label="Motion alarm cancellation delay" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="30">
					<Help>Motion alarm will be cancelled in the main controller and the associated devices after the period of time set in this parameter. Any motion detected during the cancellation delay time countdown will result in the countdown being restarted. In case of small values, below 10 seconds, the value of parameter 2 must be modified (PIR sensor&apos;s &quot;Blind Time&quot;). Available settings: 1 - 65535 Default setting: 30 (30 seconds)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="8" label="PIR sensor operating mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>The parameter determines the part of day in which the PIR sensor will be active. This parameter influences only the motion reports and associations. Tamper, light intensity and temperature measurements will be still active, regardless of this parameter settings. Default setting: 0 (always active)</Help>
					<Item label="PIR sensor always active" value="0" />
					<Item label="PIR sensor active during the day only" value="1" />
					<Item label="PIR sensor active during the night only" value="2" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="9" label="Night / day" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="200">
					<Help>The parameter defines the difference between night and day, in terms of light intensity, used in parameter 8. Available settings: 1 - 65535 Default setting: 200 (200 lux)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="12" label="Basic command class frames configuration" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>The parameter determines the command frames sent in 1-st association group, assigned to PIR sensor. Values of BASIC ON and BASIC OFF command frames may be modified by dedicated parameters. Default setting: 0 (ON and OFF)</Help>
					<Item label="BASIC ON and BASIC OFF command frames sent in Basic Command Class." value="0" />
					<Item label="only the BASIC ON command frame sent in Basic Command Class." value="1" />
					<Item label="only the BASIC OFF command frame sent in Basic Command Class." value="2" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="14" label="BASIC ON command frame value" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="255">
					<Help>The value of 255 allows to turn ON a device. In case of the Dimmer, the value of 255 means turning ON at the last memorized state, e.g. the Dimmer turned ON at 30% and turned OFF using the value of 255, and then turned OFF, will be turned ON at 30%, i.e. the last memorized state. Available settings: 0 - 255 Default setting: 255</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="16" label="BASIC OFF command frame value" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0">
					<Help>The command frame sent at the moment of motion alarm cancellation, after the cancellation delay time, specified in parameter 6, has passed. The value of 0 allows to turn a device OFF while the value of 255 allows to turn ON a device. In case of the Dimmer, the value of 255 means turning ON at the last memorized state, e.g. the Dimmer turned ON at 30% and turned OFF using the value of 255, and then turned OFF, will be turned ON at 30%, i.e. the last memorized state. Available settings: 0 - 255 Default setting: 0</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="20" label="Tamper sensitivity" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="122" value="15">
					<Help>The parameter determines the changes in forces acting on the Fibaro Motion Sensor resulting in tamper alarm being reported - g-force acceleration. Available settings: 0 - 122 (0.08 - 2g; multiply by 0.016g; 0 = tamper inactive) Default setting: 15 (0.224g)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="22" label="Tamper alarm cancellation delay" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="30">
					<Help>Time period after which a tamper alarm will be cancelled. Another tampering detected during the countdown to cancellation will not extend the delay. Available settings: 1 - 65535 Default setting: 30 (seconds)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="24" label="Tamper operating modes" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="4" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>The parameter determines the behaviour of tamper and how it reports. Tamper: Tamper alarm is reported in Sensor Alarm command class. Cancellation: Cancellation is reported in Sensor Alarm command class after the time period set in parameter 22 (Tamper Alarm Cancellation Delay). Orientation: Sensor&apos;s orientation in space is reported in Fibaro Command Class after the time period set in parameter 22. Vibration: The maximum level of vibrations recorded in the time period set in parameter 22 is reported. Reports stop being sent when the vibrations cease. The reports are sent in Sensor Alarm command class. Value displayed in the &quot;value&quot; field (0 - 100) depends on the vibrations force. Reports to the association groups are sent using Sensor Alarm command class. Default setting: 0 (Tamper)</Help>
					<Item label="Tamper" value="0" />
					<Item label="Tamper + Cancellation" value="1" />
					<Item label="Tamper + Orientation" value="2" />
					<Item label="Tamper + Cancellation + Orientation" value="3" />
					<Item label="Vibration" value="4" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="26" label="Tamper alarm broadcast mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>The parameter determines whether the tamper alarm frame will or will not be sent in broadcast mode. Alarm frames sent in broadcast mode may be received by all of the devices within communication range (if they accept such frames). Default setting: 0</Help>
					<Item label="Tamper alarm is not sent in broadcast mode." value="0" />
					<Item label="Tamper alarm sent in broadcast mode." value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="40" label="Illumination report threshold" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="200">
					<Help>The parameter determines the change in light intensity level resulting in illumination report being sent to the main controller. Available settings: 0 - 65535 (1 - 65535 lux; 0 = reports are not sent) Default setting: 200 (200 lux)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="42" label="Illumination reports interval" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="400">
					<Help>Time interval between consecutive illumination reports. The reports are sent even if there are no changes in the light intensity. Available settings: 0 - 65535 (1 - 65535 seconds; 0 = reports are not sent) Default setting: 0 (no reports) NOTE Frequent reports will shorten the battery life. Parameter value under 5 may result in blocking the temperature reports.</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="60" label="Temperature report threshold" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="10">
					<Help>The parameter determines the change in level of temperature resulting in temperature report being sent to the main controller. Available settings: 0 - 255 (0.1 - 25.5C; 0 = reports are not sent) Default setting: 10 (1C)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="62" label="Interval of temperature measuring" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="900">
					<Help>The parameter determines how often the temperature will be measured. The shorter the time, the more frequently the temperature will be measured, but the battery life will shorten. Available settings: 0 - 65535 (1 - 65535 seconds; 0 = temperature will not be measured) Default setting: 900 (900 seconds) NOTE Frequent reports will shorten the battery life. Parameter value under 5 may result in blocking the illumination reports.</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="64" label="Temperature reports interval" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="400">
					<Help>The parameter determines how often the temperature reports will be sent to the main controller. Available settings: 0 - 65535 (1 - 65535 seconds; 0 = reports are not sent) Default setting: 0</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="66" label="Temperature offset" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="0">
					<Help>The value to be added to the actual temperature, measured by the sensor (temperature compensation). Available settings: 0 - 100 (0 to 100C) or 64536 - 65535 (-100 to -0.10C) Default setting: 0</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="80" label="LED signaling mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="26" vindex="10" size="1">
					<Help>The parameter determines the way in which LED behaves after motion has been detected. Values 1 and from 3 to 9 = single long blink at the moment of reporting motion. No other motion will be indicated until alarm is cancelled. Values from 10 to 18 = single long blink at the moment of reporting motion and one short blink each time the motion is detected again. Values from 19 to 26 = single long blink at the moment of reporting motion and two short blinks each time the motion is detected again. Default setting: 10 (flashlight)</Help>
					<Item label="LED inactive." value="0" />
					<Item label="1 long blink, LED colour depends on the temperature. Set by parameters 86 and 87." value="1" />
					<Item label="Flashlight mode - LED glows in white for 10 seconds." value="2" />
					<Item label="Long blink White." value="3" />
					<Item label="Long blink Red." value="4" />
					<Item label="Long blink Green." value="5" />
					<Item label="Long blink Blue." value="6" />
					<Item label="Long blink Yellow." value="7" />
					<Item label="Long blink Cyan." value="8" />
					<Item label="Long blink Magenta." value="9" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blink, LED colour depends on the temperature. Set by parameters 86 and 87." value="10" />
					<Item label="Flashlight mode - LED glows in white through 10 seconds.  Each next detected motion extends the glowing by next 10 seconds." value="11" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks White." value="12" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Red." value="13" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Green." value="14" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Blue." value="15" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Yellow." value="16" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Cyan" value="17" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then short blinks Magenta" value="18" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks, LED colour depends on the temperature. Set by parameters 86 and 87." value="19" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks White" value="20" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Red" value="21" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Green" value="22" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Blue" value="23" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Yellow" value="24" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Cyan" value="25" />
					<Item label="Long blink, then 2 short blinks Magenta" value="26" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="81" label="LED brightness" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="100" value="50">
					<Help>The parameter determines the brightness of LED when indicating motion. Available settings: 0 - 100 (1 - 100%; 0 = brightness determined by the ambient lighting - see parameters 82 and 83) Default setting: 50</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="82" label="Ambient illumination level below which LED brightness is set to 1%" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="100">
					<Help>The parameter is relevant only when the parameter 81 is set to 0. Available settings: 0 to parameter 83 value Default setting: 100 (100 lux)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="config" instance="1" index="83" label="Ambient illumination level above which LED brightness is set to 100%" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="65535" value="1000">
					<Help>The parameter is relevant only when the parameter 81 is set to 0. Available settings: parameter 82 value to 65535 Default setting: 1000 (1000 lux) NOTE The value of the parameter 83 must be higher than the value of the parameter 82.</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="86" label="Minimum temperature resulting in blue LED illumination" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="18">
					<Help>This parameter is relevant only when parameter 80 has been properly configured. Available settings: 0 to parameter 87 value (degrees Celsius) Default setting: 18 (18C)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="87" label="Maximum temperature resulting in red LED illumination" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="28">
					<Help>This parameter is relevant only when parameter 80 has been properly configured. Available settings: parameter 86 value to 255 (degrees Celsius) Default setting: 28 (28C)</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="89" label="LED indicating tamper alarm" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>Indicating mode resembles a police car (white, red and blue). Default setting: 1 (on)</Help>
					<Item label="LED does not indicate tamper alarm." value="0" />
					<Item label="LED indicates tamper alarm." value="1" />
				</Value>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="114" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="128" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Battery Level" units="%" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="132" name="COMMAND_CLASS_WAKE_UP" version="1" request_flags="2" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="int" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Wake-up Interval" units="Seconds" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-2147483648" max="2147483647" value="7200" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="133" name="COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Associations num_groups="3">
					<Group index="1" max_associations="5" label="Basic Report" auto="true" multiInstance="true">
						<Node id="1" />
					</Group>
					<Group index="2" max_associations="5" label="Tamper Alarm" auto="false" multiInstance="true" />
					<Group index="3" max_associations="1" label="Lifeline" auto="true">
						<Node id="1" />
					</Group>
				</Associations>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="134" name="COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="string" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Library Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="3" />
				<Value type="string" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="Protocol Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="3.67" />
				<Value type="string" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="Application Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="2.07" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="142" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Associations num_groups="2">
					<Group index="1" max_associations="5" label="Basic Report" auto="true" multiInstance="true">
						<Node id="1" />
					</Group>
					<Group index="2" max_associations="5" label="Tamper Alarm" auto="false" multiInstance="true" />
					<Group index="3" max_associations="1" label="Lifeline" auto="true">
						<Node id="1" />
					</Group>
				</Associations>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="143" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CMD" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="156" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_ALARM" version="1" request_flags="4" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="General" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
			</CommandClass>
		</CommandClasses>
	</Node>

Thanks. Mine is completely blank for “<CommandClass id=“112” …” which seems to be where all the parameters are defined. This will help tremendously - thank you.

I will be back on the case tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Cracked it. :grinning: :grinning:

It laborious (or it was for me) but possible.

Points to remember if you ever need to do this:
Stop Hass.io (done from terminal shell)
edit zwcfg_xxxxxxxx.xml - I got confused as I was making the changes from a windows machine [with a mapped drive to /config] using Microsoft expression web which kept saving the file in the wrong file format till I understood where the problem was.
save zwcfg_xxxxxxxx.xml
exit file from editor
start Hass.io

Ok onto next problem - you don’t have any idea how to pass the selected Input variable from an automation to a script do you?

1 Like

I do the following to pass some info to zanzito…

Part of an automation action…

- service: script.zanzito_send_notification
  data_template:
    message: "{{ trigger.to_state.attributes.friendly_name }} arrived at {{ trigger.zone.attributes.friendly_name }} at {{ now().strftime('%Y-%m-%d %H:%M') }}"

scripts.yaml
  zanzito_send_notification:
alias: Send notification to Zanzito
sequence:
  service: mqtt.publish
  data_template:
    topic: 'zanzito/{{ dest_id }}/notification'
    payload: '{{ message }}'
    qos: 1
    retain: 0

Not sure if that helps tho’ as I’m not sure what you are trying to do. This should probably go to a different thread tho’ as it doesn’t have much to do with the title.

Hi,
This is what I am trying to do:

Automation --------

alias: Test Input Select
initial_state: on
#hide_entity: true
trigger:
platform: state
entity_id: input_select.test_favorites
action:

service_template: > 
  {% if is_state ('input_select.test_favorites' ,'ABC') %} 
   script.toggle_light

{% elif is_state ('input_select.test_favorites' , 'DEF') %}
  script.toggle_light2

{% endif %}

Script for '%if '-----

toggle_light:
alias: “Test script - Toggle Power light”
sequence:

• service: switch.toggle
    data_template:
    entity_id: switch.switch
  • service: notify.message_log
    data_template:
    message: “{{ now().strftime(’%Y-%m-%d %H:%M’)}} - Toggle_light Test”

This works fine but what I really need to do is pass the input_select.test_favorite (ie ABC or DEF) to the script so the scrip can do whatever based on the input selected. I am sure it is possible I just haven’t been able to figure out how to do it yet.

Have look here…

Thanks. I will have a look.

Good Afternoon,
sorry bring this up but i have exactly the same problem. i was wondering, where did you get the config data? can you help with this? i have a diferent Fibaro module from yours so i cant copy yours.

Best regards

So sorry I can’t remember. Its some years ago now and my level of documentation is poor to non existent. I have a feeling I got the info from the documentation that came with the device or I pulled of their web site.

The good news is the device has been working for at least two years with no issues.

Good luck

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Just came to tell to whom ever comes to this post again, i was able to fix all my problems with the new zwave JS!
I excluded the node and included again with the zwave JS and voila!!! all config parameters there and perfect!!!

Hi Soccs,

Keen to understand how to resolved changing a config parameters (e.g. for a Fibaro dimmer, force dim level). I have z-wave MQTT up and running and still learning ;-). I am able to change a parameter, but only when the light is turned on. The Z-wave device itself is powered but with the light off I am unable to change this parameter. Can you share your solution so that this can be incorporated in an automation (either Node or HA).

Thanks!

that is very odd. you are saying that you are only able to change the parameter only when your device is on? like the lights are on?
that never happen to me.

are you using this UI?

But i have to tell you… i am very disapointed with Z-wave. and so i have started to remove all Z-wave devices. and changing them for WIFI. more reliable.