Configuring Plex Media Server

Hi,

I’m running HA is docker and have been working on configuring plex but I can’t seem to get it working. Not even getting any errors or anything that might send me in the right direction.

I’ve setup the following in my config:

media_player:
  - platform: plex
       host: 192.168.0.200
       port: 32400
       token: M********************r

It’s formatted correctly in my configuration.yaml but nothing is found or nothing shows up on the web interface, no errors or anything either. I’m completely at a loss. Any help would be fantastic!

Thanks!

Token is wrong?

Token is right, checked it multiple times. Also don’t know if it’s related but emulated_hue isn’t working and neither is discovery, so I’m really not sure what is going on

And the home-assistant can reach port 32400 and the plex on: 192.168.0.200 ?

Yep, can reach it without issue

Did you make sure to set --net=host in your docker run?

Did you try Configurator https://www.home-assistant.io/components/media_player.plex/ ?

TOKEN (Optional): Only if authentication is required. Set to null (without quotes) otherwise.

This is the exact command I ran:

sudo docker run -d --name="home-assistant" -p 8123:8123 -v /config:/config -v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro homeassistant/raspberrypi3-homeassistant

That’s why discovery among other things is broken.

If you are not using --net=host, you are ONLY allowing communication over port 8123. Let it take over whatever ports it needs.