Configuring Shelly EM Energy Meter

Hi I have the same setup.
One CT on the incoming power will show you usage and return, I use the second cat to monitor some other loads.
I also use the built in Shelly integration and energy panel. Works great

Here you should be able to find what you are looking for: API Reference

Hello,
I am using utility meter and a shelly product to record the total energy used.
I would like to have it reset every month in 21 or 22 day.
Is there a way to do this?
Thanks

HELLO WIZAKE, please i need you help with my SHELLY EM (2 phases) i can pay for your help!

@Spurious yes, it does. I’m adding them up (all three phases)

@villozam: you dont need to pay here, let us know what issue you’re having

1 Like

I don’t know it happens to any of you, my Shellt EM every 3/4 seconds from a consumption reading that is always different even if at that moment appliances do not turn on or off, the measurements also change by 40 / 50w does it happen to any of you?

50W is 0.2A in a 240v system. That’s 0.4% of a 50A current transformer. What you are seeing is probably quantisation noise. i.e. the smallest resolution step switching on/off randomly.

This isn’t correct. I just checked mine. It has a resolution of 0.1W.

See if you do not have a wire on which the measuring transformer is very close to another phase wire that is not measured.

thanks, as soon as possible I will check my shelly is mounted behind the switch panel

Is there also a possibility to set these values to something else than 0? My Shelly did a reset after a power outage, and now the values are counting from 0 again. I would like to setup a new ‘start’ value.

I tried to use rest on my Shelly EM to obtain consumption in kWh format (to use with utili meter), but new entity reports always unknown value!

What it is wrong?

Just use the core Shelly integration. It works well. There is no longer any need to use restful sensors.

Hi,
I’m already using default integration, but I don’t see any sensor with kWh consumption…

for my Shelly EM, I can see only these entities:

switch.shellyem_b9e6f0

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_1_energy

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_1_energy_returned

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_1_power

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_1_voltage

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_2_energy

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_2_energy_returned

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_2_power

sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_channel_2_voltage

button.shellyem_b9e6f0_ota_update

binary_sensor.shellyem_b9e6f0_overpowering

button.shellyem_b9e6f0_reboot

which I have to use that already have kWh for unit of measurement useful for utility meter?

These two:

and

I think this is total consumed energy: I see many and many kWh!

Yes. That is what you feed your utility meters.

1 Like

I tried but this entity don’t works with my utility meter…I can investigate using debug logs?

Yes it does, I’mm using it. Share your utility meter config.

Probably a stupid question, but why would I use MQTT instead of the built-in integration from Home Assistant? What is the difference? What MQTT gives me that the built-in integration does not?

I have multiple Shelly Plus 1PM devices connected via the built-in integration and it works, I can control it, I see energy consumption. And I am about to order the Shelly 3EM to monitor the grid.

1 Like

There is no advantage any more. The core integration can do it all and does it well. Historically this was not the case.

1 Like