Configuring Zigbee and Thread on Zigbee2MQTT using SkyConnect dongle

Hello. I have just bought SkyConnect and I want to start a new instance of HA. I installed it on my Synology on VM using their HAOS ova image. Now I started from configuring Zigbee and Thread.

What I did so far:

1. I changed a setting in /config/hardware to use multiprotocol on SkyConnect:

1. Then I went to Addons and installed/configured:
  • Silicon Labs Multiprotocol
device: >-
  /dev/serial/by-id/usb-Nabu_Casa_SkyConnect_v1.0_e8ed77b32fb7ed119032955938a92db5-if00-port0
baudrate: "115200"
flow_control: true
autoflash_firmware: true
cpcd_trace: false
otbr_enable: true
otbr_log_level: notice
otbr_firewall: true
  • Mosquitto Broker
logins:
  - username: homeassistant
    password: mypassword
require_certificate: false
certfile: fullchain.pem
keyfile: privkey.pem
customize:
  active: false
  folder: mosquitto
  • Zigbe2MQTT
data_path: /config/zigbee2mqtt
socat:
  enabled: false
  master: pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777
  slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5
  options: "-d -d"
  log: false
mqtt:
  base_topic: zigbee2mqtt
  server: mqtt://core-mosquitto:1883
  user: homeassistant
  password: mypassword
  keepalive: 60
  reject_unauthorized: true
  zigbee_herdsman_debug: false
serial:
  port: tcp://core-silabs-multiprotocol:9999
  adapter: ezsp
homeassistant: true
  1. I successfuly paired 3 devices and I can see them in Z2M, but I cannot in Home Assistant. None of those 3 is visible in devices/entities. I tried to restart HA completely and it didn’t help. Do you have any ideas what’s going on? Rest of my configuration is default. It’s a fresh install and those steps I described were done at first.

I’m pretty experienced user of HA, because I have one instance without using SkyConnect and Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (there I have serial > port set to device address "/dev/serial/by-id/something) and it just works. Not sure if it is possible to use both Zigbee and Thread with SkyConnect (but without ZHA).

I checked logs of all the devices and nothing found. Everything is “successful”, “green” and “started”.

It is definitely possible many here, including myself do so.

Is the mqtt integration (not the addon) configured?

1 Like

Yes.

Oh dude. You solved my problem. I had this integration added, but somewhere in meanwhile it broke and when I clicked it I saw “no devices configured” message. I reconfigured it and now I can see the devices in HA. Thank you so much!

1 Like