Confirmation for Widget action

I have a short script to actuate a garage door opener - very handy at times. I’d like to execute it from a home screen Widget so I don’t have to open the HA app.

BUT I 'd need a confirmation popup, or some other 2-step process so I don’t trigger this accidentally.

I’m still climbing the HA curve. What would be a good way to accomplish this?

2 Likes

you can always ahve it trigger an actionable notification where you have to click on yes or no to achieve the action

2 Likes

That could be the answer. Thanks!

That is so smart. I thought of this many times and never thought of that solution :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hoooo boy… I just spent a half hour trying to understand how to do this and I don’t think I’m even close. Looks like it takes a bunch of YAML involving automations, events, categories, permissions etc to actually create an actionable notification that invokes a script… and this is too far up the HA learning curve for me today.

I was hoping I could just add some sort of “are you sure” box/popup to the script…

Any other ideas?

I think you went a bit too deep. You can handle it in 1 automation if you follow the example provided: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/notifications/actionable-notifications#building-notification-action-scripts

Basically replace open and close with Yes and No and make the action do what you want it to do.

Hi. My phone has HA installed. I have 3 switches, one needs confirmation, others don’t. This confirmation is requested when actioned from within the app, but it is not requested when actioned from a desktop widget. Any clues? It’s an Android phone.