Confused by Broadlink instructions on HA integrations page

From the Broadlink page under integrations on the HA website:

Choose Call Service from the Developer Tools. Choose the service broadlink.learn from the list of Available services: , write in “Service Data” JSON with 1 field “host”:“your_broadlink_IP” and hit CALL SERVICE . Press the button on your remote with in 20 seconds. The packet will be printed as a persistent notification in the States page of the web interface.

So, I go to the developers page, choose “services” tab, then choose broadlink.learn in Service entry, and then put {“host”:“192.168.0.16”} in the Service Data (JSON, optional) field.
But when I hit the button “Call Service” nothing happens. I can click the button, but the hardware device doesn’t indicate anything (usually lights an LED to indicate it’s working). Is my JSON correct? I know the IP is correct.

And where exactly is “The packet will be printed as a persistent notification in the States page of the web interface.”? Are they talking about the States tab under Developer Tools (Broadlink doesn’t appear there) or are they talking somewhere else?

Thanks for any help!

Your Json looks correct. Check your logs.

The directions are pretty clear. If you aren’t getting a persistent notification:

Then something else is going on.