Confused with Homekit

Hello,

I’m a bit confused. I hope that somebody can shed some light on what is going on. I see there are two different things around Homekit:

I’m struggling to understand what their uses are. As a result, I’m seing this pop-up in my HA dashboard, and I don’t really know what it is that HA is attempting to connect with. At first the title suggested it was the component, but the security key won’t work so I understand it is not the case.

Could somebody clarify? I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

UPDATE1: For some reason, the snapshot attached was not correctly uploaded along with my first post. Re-uploading it now.

AFAIK,
Component : to connect HASS to your iPhone, AppleTV or HomePod.

Controller: to connect homekit enable third party devices to HASS.

Cheers

That was my understanding too but the fact that I was being prompted twice by the same component (I was under that impression at least) confused me. As a matter of fact, I do have one Elgato switch that is not being detected by Home Assistant.

I have already finished the pairing process of the Homekit component with my Home.app and the pop-up I’m displaying above is what confuses me, as it is named “bridge” as well. Of course, if I use the PIN provided by the component, it will be rejected. I’m at a loss.

Some additional information from the logfile:

2018-07-17 23:28:03 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [homeassistant.components.homekit_controller] Setting up Homekit device Home Assistant Bridge                                                          
2018-07-17 23:28:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_registered[L]: domain=configurator, service=configure>                                                  
2018-07-17 23:28:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=configurator.home_assistant_bridge, old_state=None, new_state=<state configurator.ho
2018-07-17 23:28:12 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=sensor.processor_use, old_state=<state sensor.processor_use=4; unit_of_measurement=%
2018-07-17 23:28:12 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event state_changed[L]: entity_id=sensor.memory_free, old_state=<state sensor.memory_free=586.1; unit_of_measurement=M

If somebody can help me understand what that pop-up means, and how to finish up its configuration, I will be very thankful