Connect Flic buttons without a hub?

I have a few Flic button used as “Call for assistance” buttons for my elderly mother. They trigger Alexa routines that announce to all Echo devices “Assistance required at … (location of button)”.

I set them up without a hub, so they rely on her mobile phone being on and having the Flic app running - which is not really satisfactory.

They are Bluetooth devices, so is it not possible to connect them directly to my Hone Assistant host using a Bluetooth stick? … much in the same way that ZigBee devices are connected via a ZigBee stick?

2 Likes

I did not set it up yet, but this GitHub - pschmitt/home-assistant-addons: Home Assistant addons by pschmitt should help you.

Thanks, I’ll check it out

@AndySymons Have you tried this? I am considering picking up 3 Buttons and a zigbee hub for my HA to get these butons to run scenese. I like how small they are.

Then interested in using them in HomeKit.

I know you can when you buy the hub but at 155 bucks and an extra hub it doesnt seem worth it.

I looked at it, but the integration requires a service that connects to the flic cloud, so it does not solve the Bluetooth connection issue. I gave up and now use Sonoff zigbee buttons – also small, cheap and very easy to set up in HA.