Connect heating controls to HA

Hi there, don´t know if this is the right forum, please moderators move to correct one if it is not.

That said, I want to ask you about my heating controls, they´re those in the photo, I have several ones at home.

Well , the point is, is there any , reasonble, way to connect them to the wifi just to integrate them into HA ??

as you can see they provide room temperature , heating on or off and desired temperature.

thanks in advance

Start here:

1 Like

Could be the right place, depending on how DIY you’re thinking to go.

This has DIY potential:

you could build an esphome based module around that.

But maybe the relays on the next page have more potential. What do these units control?
Do you happen to have the connection diagram?

1 Like

Hi, these are for heating, radiant floor, control.

Dont know what you mean with next page relays

Avout connection diagram, you mean what wires does it have connected? Cause I can dismantle it just to check

You could probably replace the whole unit be esphome, and use
Generic thermostat - Home Assistant around it

1 Like

I want to keep my “analogic” in case of failure and to analogic mom who lives here with us :wink:

Are you using it for both cooling and heating?

If you are using it for heating alone, you could set them parallel.

When the switch is turned ‘off’, it will be completely controlled by the esp module, when turned ‘on’ it will be both ( when either relay is closed, heating will be on).

All you need is a esphome relay

And you will need a means to measure the room temperature (if not already available)

And then you can use both the switch and temperature sensor in the Generic thermostat - Home Assistant

PS: you could use a dual relay board, and use that the switch between the original thermostat and HA…so many options here…

1 Like

The idea is to keep the original wired control wich controls

• on/off
  • desired temp
  • current temp sensor

And add “something” that will connect the wired control to a wifi, just to integrate it into HA. This is my idea, don´t know if it is possible, if it will work? if it is compatible?..

will this device do that?
and if it does, whats is the wiring schema?

by the way, this are pics of the control wiring, and mysystem only works for heating

You can google around to find out did someone made custom esp board that can be fitted in your boiler or furnace. That will give you most of the options available and a lot of sensors for monitoring your heating source. And you can leave this as it is.
Another option will be, as people suggested, to find or build your own custom thermostat, but that can be tricky job.

1 Like

If you mean, you want to run them parallel, and see/set the desired state on both the thermostat and HA, that will be very difficult.

I reverse engineered my pellet stove, but the only thing that enabled me to do so was that is was prepared for a wifi module, which i bought (and sold again), so I could analyse the serial data.

But your unit does not have anything like that…so there is no data to monitor.

I would either use a unit that operates parallel, or completely replace it with something that does work with HA

1 Like