Connect to LAN IP at home and Cloud when not

Is there a way to setup HA Companion, so that when Im at home, it connects to the local LAN IP, and when I am not at home, it uses the Nabu Casa cloud address?

Tap the 3 bars in the top left of the app. Scroll all the way down the menu and tap Settings. scroll down and tap on Companion App.

First option is Home Assistant URL - this is your Nabu Casa (or other “Outside LAN”) address
Second option is Home Network Wifi SSID - the name of your network when trying to connect to it.
Third option is Internal Connection URL - This is the IP address when you connect while on your local network (or could be HTTP://homeassistant.local)

1 Like

Wow, thank you so much. I used to have it set up this way, and for some reason it removed the internal connection. I spent like 45 mins trying to find the dang setting, never clicked on Companion App :man_facepalming: lol. Thanks again.

1 Like

Not answering the question, just a note in case of you missed it or just didn’t think of it :slight_smile: :wink:

And also how “safety neurotic” you are…

But since the connection to Nabu Casa is still open, I have an automation that turns the connection on/off depending on if I’m home or not. It’s easy, the service is just cloud.remote_connect/disconnect.

Maybe it’s just me, but no need to have it connected when home in case there are someone evil out there :slight_smile: