Connected VAG/PON cars

This looks like a great idea to add to HA.
But an question. I will be able next week to add the communication with the app because the have to built in de module in my car.
It’s a new Seat.

But I see that were talking about the mind mobility. Do I need an Mind account or can I also use my seat account?

It looks like this component is not working with hass 103.1+ anyone else having issues?

It’s working for me on 103.2.

Are there more people with an overload of errors??

2020-01-06 13:42:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [mind] HTTP Error mind API: 400 Client Error: Bad Request for url: https://e-mind-api.eu.cloudhub.io/api/vehicles

EDIT: Nevermind, I restarted the HA and it works again without the error messages.

I have a Seat with “Mijn Seat” app.
Running HA in a docker. Where should I place those files? and then in the configuration.yaml I can add the below lines?

mind:
username: [email protected]
password: YoUrPaSsWoRd
client_id: 8ba04cb3869f4b568ea54fc57154d957
client_secret: b7fD6c394a7c4aFd998afA70Cb5fED86

I am kind of a noob with HA…

Hi,

I would suggest you look into using HACS to install the custom component.

That makes things easy for you, and after installing the mind component you can add the lines to your configuration.yaml, make sure to use the proper indentations.

mind:
  username: [email protected]
  password: YoUrPaSsWoRd
  client_id: 8ba04cb3869f4b568ea54fc57154d957
  client_secret: b7fD6c394a7c4aFd998afA70Cb5fED86
1 Like

Is this still the way to install it to HA?

Yes, follow the installation instructions in the repo and you should be all set in no time!

Thanks so much! it all works like a charm and the Seat data is accurate en already love the HACS since I am a noob in coding.
When installing it let me choose to go for themes. It said it was deprecated. Can I still use that?

1 Like

Is there any easy way to translate the sensor names? for me it shows (in HA) for example:
Licenseplate - Locked: Gesloten
Licenseplate - Ignition: Uit
Licenseplace - Parking brake: Veilig

I would like to translate this to Dutch so instead of “Licenseplate - Locked” I would like to call it “Op slot” for example.

You should use the friendly name in your customize.yaml

example: 
binary_sensor.licenseplate_ignition:
  friendly_name: Motor aan/uit
binary_sensor.licenseplate_locked:
  friendly_name: Deuren open/gesloten

Thanks! i works perfectly!

1 Like

Hi,
can i use this component for car in Italy ?
The username and password are the credentials for the Connetc Portal (in the case of Skoda) ?

Thanks
Davide

I’m sorry but did you manage to make Mind on HA work for Skoda? I can’t used secret_id and client_id suggested but it makes me wrong when creating

oauthlib.oauth2.rfc6749.errors.AccessDeniedError

It’s only for the Dutch cars that have a specific module installed.

Is anyone else having trouble setting up the device tracker? I can see the binary sensors with the correct car data, but the device tracker is not showing up. Any advice? I’m using the SEAT client id/secret.

Hi @Bram_Kragten, Thank you for this integration. Took me some time to get it working, but now I have the data of my new Golf nicely in Home Assistant.

Was wondering though, the we-connect app shows me a few more things than this integration does. Is there a possibility to add for example ‘windows closed’ and ‘panoramaroof closed’?
Also, I can unlock/lock the doors from a distance, but I also have ‘blink’ and ‘blink+claxon’ actions in the VW app.

And last questions, is it possible to show the remaining fuel in KM instead of percentage? Or is this how the VW app just translates this value?

Thank already :slight_smile:

Hi,

First of all, I will no longer be working on this integration as I no longer own a Volkswagen.

Second, I don’t think the Volkswagen Connected App allows to control the car, you might have an other app that can do that.

Hi Bram,
Cool, thanks for the update. Luckily the rest still works :slight_smile:
I do have the VW We Connect app, and that actually does allow me to do a few things like lock/unlock and blink the lights.

Yeah, so that is a different app. The one of this API is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindmobility.vag.volkswagen