Connecting 2 Home Assistants together with Homekit

I was trying to find a way for two days to connect devices from one Home Assistant to another, read about 50 different pages, how some tried and failed, and if I did find help, it felt too hard for me, at my current level.

I have 2 Home Assistant devices at home, one is Pi that I use as Zigbee Hub and currently it’s main one (all my automations and devices are there) until I transfer everything to the second Home Assistant which is in Docker of my Synology Nas

First I tried MQTT, I finally figured out how to make both of them communicate, but I didn’t know how to create entities from one Home assistant to another, and I think I set up something wrong, since docker Home Assistant started to show connection loss every second, probably getting too much information, until I uninstalled MQTT.

Second I found about Remote Homeassistant, but since I can’t figure out how to install it on the docker I gave up fast. Probably there was a way, but I’ll let it be currently.

Third found just some info which I just couldn’t understand and as

I was giving up, I had an epiphany but when I woke up at 3rd day, I remembered that I currently have connected Homebridge to HomeAssistant via Homekit integration. I figured, wait a minute, maybe it’s also possible to this with 2 home assistants, one as a Homekit hub and other just receives it.

AND IT WORKED

• Just create Homekit Hub on one Home Assistant
  • Put every device you want to see in your second Home Assistant
  • Wait until integration shows up on the second Home Assistant (if it doesn’t restart)
  • Put in Homekit code
  • Voilaa

I just don’t understand, lot’s of tutorials, lot’s of code and programming, why nobody had this figured out? Even when you don’t use Apple you still can connect via Homekit. Most likely not all devices, I get that, but I got all my lights, sensors working with this way, which is good enough for me at least for now.

I thought I share this info, if somebody else having issues or want’s to figure out one way to connect two Home Assistants together - of course it’s not perfect, but at least it’s something and easy

Eventstream and after that’s setup if discovery doesn’t add them you can just use the mqtt binary sensor, mqtt switch, etc to setup each entity you want added

…or as in integration

Likely because it’s not the best solution. Good it works for you, though.