This is an “extension” (and compatible replacement) of the builtin
Besides the functionalities of the here-above, it also allows to publish and handles an MQTT “disvovery” setup.
This is specifically useful in “Master-Slave” HA scenarios.
- A “slave”, by instance a specific HA instance handling zigbee and / or Bluetooth, would use this component to publish states and discovery via MQTT.
- A “master” would use the built-in MQTT discovery mechanism to subscribe to state topics, and get commands (e.g. turn on light) information
- Add device support
- FIX color support
- Add availability support
- Add device_tracker
- Add light transitions
- Initial HACS release
- Manage color temperature
- Fix binary_sensors
- Initial release:
- lights (partial)
- MQTT configured
- Launch HACS
- Navigate to the Integrations section
- “+ Explore & Add Repositories” button in the bottom-right
- Search for “MQTT DiscoveryStream”
- Select “Install this repository”
- Restart Home Assistant
The integration is configured via YAML only.
mqtt_discoverystream: base_topic: test_HA publish_attributes: false publish_timestamps: true publish_discovery: true include: entities: - sensor.owm_hourly_humidity - sensor.jellyfin_cloud - light.wled_esp exclude: entities: - sensor.plug_xiaomi_1_electrical_measurement