Connecting ESP32 to HA

Hello guys,
i just started with Home Assistant and i am pretty lost. I bought an Raspberry Pi4 4gb and installed the hass.io. Now i can access it via my browser and wanted to use an ESP32 to send Data, that the ESP32 receifed from an Arduino to the HA Overview board.

To connect the ESP32 ( ESP32 D1 Mini NodeMCU WiFi Modul + Bluetooth from AZDelivery) to HA, i added the ESPHome addon and followed the following instructions:

A short summary what i did:
1.) I connected a fresh ESP32 via USB micro to a USB 2.0 port of the Raspberry Pi4
2.) I went so Home Assistant → ESPHome and there i clicked “Create New Node”
3.) Gave the new node the name “setup” and selected the Device Type “Wemos D1 and Wemos D1 mini”
4.) I entered the WiFi SSID and Password and finished the setup

After that i selected the USB0 port and clicked “Upload”.
Unfortunately, the following message appears:

NFO Upload with baud rate 460800 failed. Trying again with baud rate 115200.
INFO Running:  esptool.py --before default_reset --after hard_reset --baud 115200 --chip esp8266 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 write_flash 0x0 /data/setup/.pioenvs/setup/firmware.bin
esptool.py v2.8
Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
Connecting........_____..
Chip is ESP8266EX
Features: WiFi
WARNING: Detected crystal freq 20.33MHz is quite different to normalized freq 26MHz. Unsupported crystal in use?
Crystal is 26MHz
MAC: 00:08:ff:00:00:00
Uploading stub...
Running stub...

A fatal error occurred: Invalid head of packet (0x46)

I also compiled the yaml file, downloaded the Binary and connected it to the ESP32 to the PC and used the ESPHome Flasher 1.3.0 to flash the ESP32. It seemed to work, but when i connected it to the Raspbery Pi 4 via USB again, it didnt show that something changed on the HomeAssistant-> ESPHome Board.

Did i overlook something crutial? As i said, i am an absolut beginner with Home Assistant, Raspberry Pi and the ESP32. I have some Arduino knowledge, but that is only usefull after i can establish an connection between my Home assistant device and the ESP32.

Edit: I found the problem. I selected the Wemos D1 Mini in the setup but that was for the ESP8266, not the ESP32