Connecting to Internet

Hey everyone,

I’ve flashed the Hass.io image to my microSD card and inserted it to the raspberry pi. The ‘ACT’ LED flashed for a few minutes, indicating the pi was interacting with the SD, however, I’m not sure if the latest version of the home assistant was installed. I’m also having trouble accessing home assistant on the local network URL. I’m very new to the home assistant software and raspberry pi hardware, so I’d appreciate any help I can get. Thanks!

If it can connect to the internet it will download the latest version. The sdcard image doesn’t actually contain home assistant but a docker host to go grab the latest versions of ha and the supervisor that runs hassio and the add-ons.

First of all, give it some time. If you have slow internet it can take upwards of 30 minutes to download and run the first time.

Secondly, some routers simply don’t support the hassio.local address. Use the IP address instead

Thank you, I’m going to try using my IP address instead. I’m building my home assistant now but will be taking it to college in the fall to have in my apartment. Once hassio is installed, I assume transitioning to a new local wifi network will be easy?