Connecting to Tasmota using Mosquitto

Hello, let me begin by stating that im pretty new to home assistant and using mqtt in general.

Im using a ESP8266 running the latest version of tasmota (12.2.0) and have Home assistant and Mosquitto set up in TrueNas Scale.

Ive configured everyting in mosquitto and home assistant according to this video,

but as im not using any adapter as im not using zigbe or sonoff, Ive been able to get the tasmota integration to work before but after replacing the esp8266 i havent been able to get it to show up again even tough the settings should be exactly the same.

The Actual problem is that i cant get the auto detection to pick up the Tasmota integration and im not even sure if the MQTT is working anymore

I belive the problem probably comes from the mqtt broker using a mDNS to communicate to HA but Tasmota doesnt support mDNS

Any help would be greatly apreciated and if you need more info just ask

Hi - maybe post the relevant config?

Also - look at installing and running a tool like MQTT Explorer, available for Mac and Windows. You can then connect to the broker and subscribe to all topics, thus seeing what HA and Tasmota are (or are not) sending.

Lastly - if this is a new install, let us know what your environment looks like. HAOS on Pi? Something else?
OK - TrueNAS - should have read that… :slight_smile:

1 Like