Connection issues with Tesla through HACS Tesla Custom Integration

I have issues with accessing my Tesla Model Y for the last week or so. I use the Tesla Custom Integration in HACS.

If I restart Home Assistant it gets disconnected from my Teslaand the old values are not preserved as before. In the log I get error:

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection]

with the Traceback ending with:

teslajsonpy.exceptions.TeslaException

When I try to press the button Force update I get a message with something like:
Failed to call service button unknown error

To get around the issue I need to go into the Tesla app, wake the car and then reload the integration in Home Assistant. But since I restart my Home Assistant instance every night by an automation, I loose connection to the car and charging automations which previously worked fine now fails since it has lost connection.

I am facing similar issue but your work around does not work for me. I can see the values like battery SoC and target values etc but cant seem to change any values.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Car status updates but I cannot control it in any way through the integration, even with the car awake. Any solutions to this?

Same problem here. Thanks

Another one having this issue here :frowning:

I have switched to Teslemetry which is an official and also paid integration. This works very nice. I have the other HACS integration in the background since there are some sensors which differ I believe. But using Teslemetry I’m really happy with it’s stability even if I have to pay some every month for their middle man service.