Connection issues

Hello all

Very new to all this

Have installed on my PI3 and it’s up and running but having a nightmare consistently connecting to it

Yesterday connected ok using safari from my MAC (using hassio.local:8123), this then stopped working but found out I could connect using Firefox on my Mac (using 192.168.0.100:8123j

Today my Mac won’t connect to it (times out after a long time), but my iPad is connecting using safari (although is very slow and sluggish)

Can more than 1 device connect to the web server at the same time(or is it like a router where only 1person can have admin access at the same time) ? Anybody know what is going on and why I have this inconsistent connection ?

Thanks
Toby

Do you have a static up address for the Pi? Also I’ve never used a router that only allows one admin login and HA doesn’t care either how many are logged in. The hassio.local is known to be flakey so set a static ip address and use that instead.

Thanks for the reply

yes have setup static ip. Not bothered if i connect using hassio:local or ip address just want to be able to consistently connect

Most routers i have had only allow 1 admin at a time (you can log in multiple times but only as admin on 1 machine)

Is the pi connected to the router via wireless?

Maybe it’s related,
I found that Bluetooth device tracker component braking my whole house Wifi network, and other components like nmap and speedtest also noticeably impact network

HI no ethernet

Thanks for the suggestion - just checked and its not enabled (i think)

cheers
Toby