Connection Pool is full - Fritz Router

Haven’t run Home Assistant for very long and I am really liking it so far. There is however an annoying error that is logged every 30 seconds 5 times a second. I’ve seen many request for help, but no responses and topics being closed down. I was quite surprised by that.

So I have Fritz!Box 7490 connecting via 192.168.10.1 and the following error show up and literally fill my whole log:

WARNING (SyncWorker_16) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 192.168.10.1'

Thousands of times this is repeated in the logs. Is there anything I can do about this? It just seems weird that the first posts about this appeared in 2017 and no-one has a solution.

I am running Home Assistant in docker on a Synology NAS:

System Health

version: core-2021.7.2
installation_type: Home Assistant Container
dev: false
hassio: false
docker: true
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.9.5
os_name: Linux
os_version: 4.4.59+
arch: x86_64
timezone: Europe/Brussels

logged_in: false
can_reach_cert_server: pending
can_reach_cloud_auth: pending
can_reach_cloud: ok

dashboards: 1
resources: 0
mode: auto-gen

Hopefully someone can help me with this. 
1 Like

I noticed same logs too. I think something related to fritz but I really don’t know how to fix.

Let’s wait for the gurus.

same logs in my setting

I confirm disable avm fritz tool integration will solve. I think we should open an issue on github but I don’t know how to do

Sorry for double post… here you have the issue tracked

That is a little bit besides the point, as I use fritz tool integration for better presence sensing. For me that is not an option.

I disabled all port-forwarding switches in HA and the error seems to have gone away. So disabling unnecessary items (things you won’t use with HA) helps with the error messages.

They have increased max connections to 30. The issue has been closed

I still have this message a lot in my logs:

2022-01-01 12:54:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_36) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 192.168.1.1
2022-01-01 12:54:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_35) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 192.168.1.1
2022-01-01 12:54:00 WARNING (SyncWorker_54) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 192.168.1.1

about 24 lines of these every 30 seconds.
I disabled al unused switches of the Fritzbox (on ip 192.168.1.1) entity, but it is still there.

Is there anything else I can do about this? Does anybody else experience the same?

Same issue here:
Logger: urllib3.connectionpool
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:304
First occurred: 11:33:23 (250 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:38:10

Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 192.168.178.1

1 Like

Yes I am experiencing it all of a sudden

Setting logger in configuration.yaml with this parameters for sure it not fix the problem, but avoid log file to grow

logger:
logs:
urllib3.connectionpool: fatal

2 Likes

Thank you for this idea.

Keep in mind its yaml and needs proper spacing (this works for me)

I am seeing a lot of these events in my log.

Logger: urllib3.connectionpool
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:305
First occurred: 18 January 2022, 11:26:45 (48397 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:26:19

Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 192.168.178.1. Connection pool size: 30

I like the idea of restricting the logger to fatal events and thus prevent from growing too large, but I would prefer a solution to this (bug?) behavior. Any ideas?

1 Like

I think it would be best for the Developer to fix the bug happening in the integration. Not sure what causes the bug though…

Best is to only log the fatal entries of the integration for now.

1 Like