Connection problems with ZHA

Well.
Ill wait until tomorrow (as I cant imagine all zigbee devices stay in the network after changing the channel) and repair whats not working.
Then I know if I still am having issues or not.

Ill give message after.

Really no problem man! I think helping me isnt that easy, as I did understand many things here wrong. Making me a person you dont want to help.
But it maybe took a bit longer than needed - but finally we got it :o)

Thanks for continuing giving me advise! Really!

2 Likes

Sounds like something maybe went wrong with your Zigbee channel change as normally all your Zigbee Router devices should come back online within 10-15 minutes (because those are usually online so recieve the change command directly) and then after that you would normally need to manually re-pair all battery-powered and other Zigbee End-Devices.

You can try power-cycle each of your mains-powered to see if they automatically connect after that, if not then you are only left with the option to re-pair them (or restore the whole Zigbee network from backup).

Regardless, note that you should not ”remove” any devices, instead only re-pair them, meaning that you follow each devices manufacture’s procesure for pairing. You do not want to remove the device from ZHA because then it will get a new entity name and that means any automations using the old entities will need to be manually reconfigured to use the new entities.

1 Like

Im gonna bet this ends up being the culprit. Just marking it down for posterity… Don’t go off path and Continue troubleshooting. You guys are on a good clip now. :wink:

Nope.
The problems still exist.
I found out there is an issue already opened on gihub ZHA page.
As I never had such issues for 2 years and it came out of the sudden and there are lot of people having exactly the same issue than me, im thinking it really might be a ZHA issue.
Even more after excluding all the inteference stuff.
But as the uploaded logs in this issue look exactly the same as my logs do (amd I dont have any “working” logs), i cant provide any helpfullinformation there.

But I wanted to test z2m anyway - but never did because zha was working.
After changing the zigbee channel I would need to repair all my battery powered devices anyway. So Ill install z2m tomorrow.
Some of my devices are supported better there (with more entities, I would use if I had them). But as mentioned I didnt want to change the running zha.

Thats what im doing right now.