Connection to SmartBulb eWeLight does not allow colour change. Can you help?

Hi Home Assistant community,

I’m quite new to this and this is my first post so please be kind if this is not the right section to ask.

The problem in short words: I can add my smart bulb and make it on and off but I cannot change colours.

Longer:
I would like to add a new smart bulb to my home assistant + zigbee. The smart bulb I bought on Aliexpress (see link: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/1005002554606128.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2deu&spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.7b384c4dvpd1Lu).

I can add the smart bulb via zigbee (ZHA) and I am able to change colours of the bulb in the Dashboard.
But in the automation I’m only able to change the status to on/off and set it to blinking. But I would like to change colours also in the automation like when x happens then set it to green.

Connected device: ZB-CL01 of eWeLight
from the zigbee signature:
“manufacturer”: “eWeLight”,
“model”: “ZB-CL01”,
“class”: “zigpy.device.Device”

Do you have any idea how I could change the colour?

Curious if you ever managed to get this working? Bought similar bulbs and experiencing similar results. Also seem very slow to respond, and occasionally freak out when trying to turn off. Seems like the ZigBee profile needs some help… But I don’t know where to start.

I had the same issue until I clicked on the “Bulb” in the dashboard. This brings up the menu where you can change temp and colors. Hope this helps!!

click on “Bulb” and then it will bring up:

1 Like

I have also managed after a lot of attempts for home assistant to detect them but also they do not work with Alexa or google in HA how is this possible and there is also no remote I dont really find these to be a good product at all!

If anyone can avice how to get voice commands to it would be more helpful!