Container installation does not run - shows no errors

I’ve been struggling with this issue for a couple of days now. Up until a few days ago I used to run HA as a container installation on a Windows host and everything ran flawlessly. Recently I decided to upgrade the server into a Linux host with docker container but I have not been able to get the server going.

docker-compose:

services:
  homeassistant:
    container_name: homeassistant
    image: "ghcr.io/home-assistant/home-assistant:stable"
    volumes:
      - ./config:/config
      - /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro
      - /run/dbus:/run/dbus:ro
    restart: unless-stopped
    privileged: true
    network_mode: host

When running, the only output from docker console is this:

2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
2024-08-14 16:17:50 homeassistant2  | services-up: info: copying legacy longrun home-assistant (no readiness notification)
2024-08-14 16:17:51 homeassistant2  | s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started

And nothing else.

I have tried the following with no luck:

• Changing distros (from Debian to Ubuntu - same behaviour)
  • Different versions of the container image
  • Tried different locations for the docker files (/home/Docker/homeassitant, /opt/homeassistant)
  • Logging into docker container and executing hass directly (manually changed the port first to avoid conflict. hass runs but outputs nothing. Running with verbose shows that the script is indeed running but mainly shows INFO messages from homeassistant.setup up until “Starting Home Assistant” from homeassistant.core and then it stops.)

And probably some other things out of desperation :slight_smile:

To assure myself that the computer was in fact capable of running HA, I tried ‘core’ installation. This does indeed work.

If anybody has any ideas of how I could further debug this, please let me know.