Contemplating removing our alarm, and use all the zigbee sensors instead

We have a rather good alarm system (Fronti), but I’m contemplating taking it down.
I have zigbee sensors on all the doors on top of the Fronti sensors.
It’s sensors run on 433 MHz, and it has an interference alert, so it’s quite good, but not really contemporary with integrations to anything.
I have an array of codes for different users, and I would like to keep that functionality in HA, but I can’t find a way to have multiple codes, is that really so?
Secondly, to utilize the sensors directly, I need to set it up as a ‘manual’ platform, right?

What about using Konnected

1 Like

Well, the konnected is if you already have a wired security system, and ours are based on 433 MHz. And it doesn’t solve the problem with the number of codes available.

I use this alarm with HA (its in HACS). I have it integrated to my hardwired alarm as well but thats another story. You can use it directly with any binary_sensors you already have in HA. It has been awesome, I’ve been using it since the original author first created it well over a year ago.

1 Like

I spoke with a bloke from eQ-3 at an IoT conference last year and he was laughing about all that zig*** stuff pointing out that they have a serious flaw in their communication protocols that makes their devices a bit unsuitable for anything secure. Have a look into it before you switch.

Hi Ahmad, are you referring to KillerBee and the like? I think my 433 MHz based alarm system is more vulnerable, simply because of the single-receiver problem.
I don’t have a top secret installation here, and I think I’m vulnerable in a lot of ways, but I think that intelligent attacks on the house are a much lower risk, than simple smash-and-grab.
The only real security you can get is a wired alarm, and even that can be bypassed with the proper knowledge.
But I think this is a whole other discussion, and though very interesting, not relevant for me :slight_smile:

Hey, that looks very interesting, and I love that it’s integrated :slight_smile:
It has the user specific codes, panic mode and everything, very very nice.
Can I just use this fork, or do I need to get the bwalarm, and then apply the fork on top of it, or what?

sure, just wanted to give you some more relevant information. not saying RF alarms are safer :wink:

speaking about bwalarm, just use the fork as the original component is not supported.

1 Like