Continue almond integration / Ada development

Firstly I want to say thank you to the developers of the Almond and Ada integrations in Home Assistant. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: This request respects the great work that you have already done :muscle:t6: and kindly encourages you to keep going! If there are specific roadblocks (lack of money, contributors etc) please let us, the community, know so we can do our best to find you the help you need! :handshake:

Ada / Almond integration is such a great idea and sorely needed to accomplish voice control with Home Assistants goal of locally hosted home automation. Things started off with a bang (and an announcement on the blog), but there have been no public commits to Ada in over a year and pull requests seem to go unanaswered.

It would be amazing to get some community involvement going to reignite this project so HA doesn’t become just another interface for Amazon / Google to hoover up our personal lives.

I’ve seen that too.

I went for Rhasspy offline voice assistant toolkit, the concept, features and dev activity are much more promising in my opinion.

Yeah, I’m trying that right now, although HASSos is being a pain and not recognizing my USB microphone. I love the way that Almond can co-operate with other people’s Almonds, though. There’s some discussion on the Rhasspy forums on how Rhasspy and Almond might be able to be used together.