Control Actron air conditioner

Hi

New here.

Setting up home assistant. Got it working well with some Tuya and Google stuff.

Have an Actron Air conditioner and want to get it going through home assistant.

Controller is non IR that I am aware of.

Amz-8z-1 is the wall controller.

Any ideas where to start to get it on home assistant?

Thanks
Rod

I am unsure on the older Actron units but I am currently getting a new unit and I am getting a modbus card installed. Once you have a modbus card then integrate locally.

Can you get the model number for the Actron unit? This should be on the name plate on the outdoor unit.
Without this it is hard to provide any specific device.

Hi @tinglis1 - did you get this installed? How do you connect the modbus to your HA?
I’m looking at getting this installed and trying to work out what the process is.

Check out the other thread for Actron modbus
Link

These are what you

• Firstly, check the model of your A/C. Actron has 2 types of modbus. ICAMIB-MOD and ICUNO-MOD. Make sure you buy the correct type that is compatible with your A/C model. Mine is ICAMIB-MOD which is installed in the indoor unit. I believe the other type is installed in the outdoor unit.
  • These are RS485 interfaces, so you need a converter to Ethernet. I used NB114
  • Install the MODBUS card (again depends on the model, read the manual for that model)
  • Connect the MODBUS interface to the converter using twisted pair wire ( I simply used a pair out of CAT-6 cable) - I am surprised they don’t have a proper twisted pair cable at Jaycar!!
  • Connect the converter to your router’s port. If you cannot run an ethernet cable from the converter to your router then you may need to find a converter that has wireless capability. I don’t know if there is one.
  • Configure the converter (ie: Network Settings) and depending on the device, you need to set up the correct protocol in the converter
  • Configure modbus integration in the configuration.yaml file
  • Create your dashboard.

I posted example configuration in ACTRON MODBUS

FYI. You cannot buy from Actron directly, unless you have an account with them. Fortunately, I know an A/C tech in my area (who serviced my aircon) and asked him to buy it for me. I paid him $400 for the modbus, I did all the installation.

Hope this helps!!

2 Likes