Control Fritz!Dect 301 like with Fritz!Box by external sensors

Hello,
I became aware of Home Assistant through my cousin’s husband recently and have been testing it out a bit for myself and him ever since. But now I have a problem, to which I unfortunately can not find a solution.

I have several Fritz!Dect 301 thermostats in my apartment. Since the temperature of the room is measured at the thermostat and the room is usually cooler despite offsets, I got the Zigbee 3.0 stick from Sonoff and the Sonoff SNZB-02 temperature and humidity sensor for testing. I have also successfully connected these to Home Assistant and I have already implemented a Generic Thermostat:

climate:
  - platform: generic_thermostat
    name: "Generic Wohnzimmer"
    unique_id: asdasd
    heater: climate.wohnzimmer
    target_sensor: sensor.ewelink_th01_temperature
    min_temp: 8
    max_temp: 28
    ac_mode: false
    precision: 0.5
    target_temp_step: 0.5

So far I have only tried to control the thermostat in the entity itself in the settings. Unfortunately I found out that the Fritz!Dect 301 only takes over the HVAC_Mode heat of the entity and sets the radiator to the Comfort Preset. The HVAC_Mode Off was unfortunately completely ignored as well as changes of the temperature in the entity.
My wish is that the thermostat can be controlled via Home Assistant in a similar way as via the Fritz!Box and its app itself. That is, when the desired temperature is measured by the Sonoff sensor, the thermostat should close the radiator and turn it on again if the temperature in the room drops again.

In my search I guess I would have to implement a separate card for the dashboard, in which I can set the temperature, the HVAC_Mode and the presets and shows me the temperature of the Sonoff sensor.
Would you have some tips where I could read more into the whole thing or even suggestions, ideas or code examples which I could use?

Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like