Control Home Assistant From Wink Shortcuts?

With the setup of a manual alarm system within HASS, is there a way to arm and disarm the system using shortcuts on Wink Relays throughout the house?

Hmmmm that’s an interesting idea. I’ll take a look and see what I can come up with.

I am thinking the only way would be to have a shortcut trigger a robot to turn on/off. Robots are supported in python-wink but they aren’t in HA because they don’t update when they are triggered. I think having the shortcut disable or enable the robot may trigger a state change.

So I am thinking the process would be

1. Create a robot so do something unrelated doesn’t matter what.
  2. Created a shortcut to enable or disable the robot.
  3. Trigger HA alarm based on robots status (this doesn’t exist in HA yet)

So say I made a shortcut that turned on a Bottom Load of a Relay that does not have a physical light connected to the Bottom Load. I could then create an automation that would trigger HA alarm based on the status of the “light.” So the “light” being off would disarm, and the “light” turning on would arm. Right?

There ya go, you could do that. Or if you wanted, you could just use the press of the bottom load to trigger it. If the buttons are setup in smart mode they will show up in HA as binary sensors.

Hi folks,
so i was about to start a new topic but found this :slight_smile:

The wink relays are really handy for a simple way to fire off a shortcut (whilst still retaining the physical switches)

However, i’ve moved most the automation into HASS, and would LOVE LOVE LOVE, to be able to spot when the shortcut (which shows up as a scene) is triggered.

In HASS I can see it, and trigger it, but i dont think i can see it being triggered from Wink

any thoughts on this (i’m using both the physical switches - light and fan)

thanks

:frowning: unfortunately I don’t think this is possible. This is all of the infomation available to us from the Wink API for shortcuts.

{
  "scene_id": "7912345",
  "name": "Test",
  "order": 0,
  "members": [
    {
      "object_type": "light_bulb",
      "object_id": "1301234",
      "desired_state": {
        "powered": true,
        "brightness": 1.0
      },
      "local_scene_id": null
    }
  ],
  "icon_id": "224",
  "automation_mode": null,
  "object_type": "scene",
  "object_id": "7920000",
  "uuid": "40f7c852-9da4-4b1d-8343-f5c1d3e12345",
  "icon_code": "scene-shortcut",
  "subscription": {
    "pubnub": {
      "subscribe_key": "sub-c-f7bf7f7e-0542-11e3-a5e8-02ee2ddab7fe",
      "channel": "BLAH_BLAH"
    }
  }
}

There isn’t any information regarding if it has been activated. I believe the only option you have would be to create an automation in Home Assistant that triggers on the main event in your shortcut and then also checks for all of the conditions of that shortcut. So… something like trigger on light turning on, and it has a brightness level of 50% then do whatever.

1 Like

Thanks for looking in to this!

There is no way for Wink to see HA devices either I assume? With the new cloud capability, I have shared devices (custom names etc) with Alexa.
I wonder if there any plans to allow me to add HA to show up in Wink (I realize that is also a little cyclic if not most of the devices aren’t hidden).

In the meantime did you suggest to have a shortcut do a very unique thing (like set a lamp brightness level to 13%, and then have HA look for when the lamp is 13% as a trigger to the automation)?

Many thanks

Yeah, no way to have things from HA show up in Wink either.

In the meantime did you suggest to have a shortcut do a very unique thing (like set a lamp brightness level to 13%, and then have HA look for when the lamp is 13% as a trigger to the automation)?

Yes that is what I was saying. It would allow you to get the shortcut event into HA.

1 Like