Control Irrigation via HomeAssistant (Manually or automatically)

Hi everyone, i just bought a solenoid valve connected to a Shelly 1 to automate irrigation on my terrace.
I downloaded and set Smart Irrigation integration (GitHub - jeroenterheerdt/HAsmartirrigation: Smart Irrigation custom component for Home Assistant) via HACS, with its related automation to run it every day 1 hour after sunrise.
Since i’m still testing how it works (i used to water my plant 1minute per day while it suggests me 10 minutes per day) i’m looking into various options.

Question n°1: What do you use to automate your irrigation? Do you have integrations or configurations like this (auto-regolating, that stops based on precipitations and waters more based on temperature/sun) but more terrace-oriented rather than garden-oriented?

Question n°2 (surely the simpliest and less related to the main topic): as i said, the plants are “smartly irrigated” only when the automation runs, so if i do not run the automation, the plants do not get water unless i manually activate the solenoid valve.
I tried to add my automations in lovelace (directly into my entities card) but if i toggle the switch it does not turn on or off, i have to manually go into settings to turn it off, how could i solve this?
Then: i would like to automatically switch between automatic and manual irrigation like: if i toggle on the automation, it automatically turns off the other (manual) irrigation and the “automatic irrigation” card is shown (this is the simpliest part, i tried and conditional cards work smoothly), and vice-versa, so that if i disable automatic irrigation i can have my manual card in which i set when and for how long i need to water the plants. How could i do this in the simpliest way without using thousands of boolean switches etc?

Thanks in advance

Same questions I pondered myself. Well if you really want to go all out.