Control LG TV volume with Google Home

Hi everyone, a small question from a beginning H.A. N00B.

For one week I have a Google Home mini. After trying the hard way I’ve connected the Google Home the easy way, namely via the Home Assistant Cloud.

So far so good, and I’m able to set the LG TV on and off with voice commands. But that is all. I’m not able to set the volume louder of lower with the google home. But it is working with the H. A web interface, so what am I doing wrong.

The tv is an LG OLED55C6V with WebOS 3.5

1 Like

Same question here… the TV shows up as switch in Google Home, not like ‘TV’. How to fix this?

1 Like

I have the same issue, I can turn off my lg smart tv using home mini but that’s all. Any idea?

I’m setting up that google home can control my LG WebOS tv with Home assistant. I have added Hassio server in the google home app and google home is now able to control the volume on my lg tv.

But in the google home app Volume = Brightness.

So to get google home to set volume to 15% you have to say
“Ok Google - Set Family Television Brightness to 15%”

How can i change brightness to volume?

Config.yaml =

media_player:
  - platform: webostv
    host: xxx.xxx.xx.xx
    name: Family Television
    filename: webostv.conf
    timeout: 5
    action:
     service: media_player.volume_set
     data:  
      data_template:
      entity_id: media_player.family_television
      volume_level: 0.1

turn_on_action:
      service: wake_on_lan.send_magic_packet
      data:
        mac: "xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx"
    customize:
      sources:
        - livetv
        - youtube
        - makotv
        - netflix
        - stan
        - hdmi1
        - hdmi2
        - hdmi3
        - hdmi4

Hi i’ve tried this because using brightness seems better than nothing at all but i get an error

“Config Warning
Your configuration contains extra keys that the platform does not support. Please find and remove the following.This will become a breaking change.”

What could be wrong ?
Config%20warning%20Action%20Hassio

Did you ever get any traction with this or find anyone who’d managed to get a reasonably functional LG TV-Google Home control setup going?