Control Liftmaster LA400 Gate Opener via HA?

Replying to this in case anyone has the above issue. I was using MQTT to integrate the ratgdo. Apparently we should all be using ESPhome. I found that several other folks had the same “suddenly stop working” situation happen with the MQTT integration.

I re-flashed to ESPhome and the gate has been running solid ever since.

I used the options in the top right with a Zooz Zen 17. I can reliably open and close the gate (Liftmaster CSL24UL), but this setup has no status.

I have two RATGDO but I cannot get them setup to work with Homeseer. The process is getting stuck during the rebooting phase after I setup the MQTT.

How did you connect the wires to the Aux Relay terminals? I tried for an hour, but the relay was in the way of the wire input on the terminal.

Mine weren’t…do you have a picture? Here’s what my expansion board looks like. Relay terminals are the green blocks there at the bottom.

To echo another poster here, I have ratgdo working with my CSL24UL (w/ expansion board) via the mqtt firmware. The only issue is that sometimes state detection gets messed up and the door thinks it’s closed when it’s actually open, and vice versa. I heard that the ESPHome firmware supported dry contacts and tried that, but could not get it working. It seems that the ESPHome’s dry contact implementation requires obstruction sensors to be wired directly into the ratgdo to be able to use the discrete open and close terminals. I could avoid that and use the SBC control instead, but I couldn’t get that predictably working well enough to warrant switching over.

I do have the open and close state coming over from AUX relays on the expansion board, so I was hoping that by moving to the ESPHome firmware, the door state detection might be less buggy, but that wasn’t the case at all…

Just a heads up, I’m following your posts. I also have a CSL24UL and reluctantly used the gateway and the MyQ integration to interact with home assistant. I’m not great with this stuff, so trying to follow to find or create my own a step by step guide before I get started.

I got my system set up with a ratgdo 2.53i and an expansion board following the instructions provided by @hambandit. I’m using the ESPHome implementation. I initially had the SBC wires reversed so nothing worked on the first try but once I swapped them, I was able to open the gates successfully.

Issue is that I have HA has no indication of whether the gate is opened or closed. what do i need to do next?

edit: I answered my own question. I needed to toggle on the 3rd dipswitch for each aux relay because i have two actuators.

Thanks to all that contrtibuted to this excellent thread. Following along made this modification much easier than it otherwise would have been.

See by post. I have an open source hardware design for this.

This works almost perfectly for me, the only problem is the gate status and commands appear reversed. it shows closed when open, and open when closed. I’ll fix this with a custom cover card unless there is a fix with the wiring.

Im getting the same system for mine, did you get this working?

no, the setup I needed never worked. The extent of the functionality is I got the Open and Close info from the door.
No control and no way to read an external wall switch.

So I ended up creating my own using an ESP32 and some soldering, and works great.