Control Sonoff Devices with eWeLink (original) firmware over LAN and/or Cloud

I was considering moving all of my sonoff sensors from their bridge, using this integration, to ZHA using a tasmota flashed bridge, just for access to the battery level features, but figured id have a bit of a play about first. Im glad i did, as i now have access to battery levels of ALL of my sonoff sensors and switches that are connected to my ewelink app, within HA, via this integration :slight_smile:

Hi
This exactly I want.
Do I just copy and paste this script exactly like this to configuration.yaml to make this works for every month? Or I must do some edit (other than 1000xxxxxx)?
How about different days of month, as we know there are days 30 and 31 ?
Please your help.
Thanks.

Every time HA starts, i get this pop up in my logs

Logger: root
Source: custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_local.py:178
First occurred: 7:27:14 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:27:14 AM
Uncaught thread exception

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 1755, in run
    self._service_state_changed.fire(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/zeroconf/__init__.py", line 1513, in fire
    h(**kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/sonoff/sonoff_local.py", line 178, in _zeroconf_handler
    if data.startswith(b'{"rf'):
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

I have a number of unflashed Sonoff switches which all work locally in HA without any problems. I added them initially using the Ewe app and then blocked them from accessing the internet using a Firewall rule on my router.
I now have a Sonoff RF Bridge that I want to add to HA so I can use a rf remote to trigger automations. Iā€™ve added it using the Ewe app and have added the rf remote buttons to it. I can detect the button presses in HA when the rf remote has internet access but as soon as I block it from the internet HA stops receiving the button press information. Does anyone have the unflashed Sonoff rf bridge working in HA without internet access? If so can you tell me how I can get it to work without internet access?
Thanks.

Do you have the latest fw 3.3.0 and above?

When I received the RF Bridge I added it using the Ewe app and it showed there was a firmware update for it, so I updated it. It shows as firmware PSE-BRA-GL 3.5.0.
I never tried using it with the earlier firmware version, which may have been a mistake as the earlier version may have worked?

Perhaps this version of firmware, v3.5.0, has changes that stop it working in Lan only mode in HA?

My Bridge has firmware 3.4.1 and it works locally. Now I afraid to update firmware to check if somethings broken :slight_smile:

If firmware 3.4.1 works locally I wonder if anyone who has flashed their RF Bridge with Tasmota took a backup copy of the Sonoff firmware before flashing the Tasmota firmware. If anyone has a copy of the Sonoff firmware v3.4.1 can you please give me a copy of it so I can try flashing it to my RF Bridge to see if that will make it work locally.

Iā€™ve just used the Developer Tools and looking at the remote.sonoff_1000fxxxx entry it says ā€œlocal:offlineā€ all of the time, even when it isnā€™t blocked from accessing the internet.
Iā€™ve tried altering the IGMP settings on the router in case that was blocking it but none of them make any difference. So it does look like the firmware 3.5.0 must have stopped local mode working.

Picture from one of my users. local: online. Firmware 3.5

IMAGE 2021-01-22 13:20:55

So my Sonoff Bridge should work then.

To make sure it had been installed correctly I deleted it from my Ewe account, deleted the sonoff.json file from Home Assistant and restarted Home Assistant. The sonoff.json file was recreated and all my Sonoff switches were still available and all still working off line.
I added the Sonoff Bridge back to my Ewe account, restarted Home Assistant and the Bridge reappeared. It still didnā€™t work off line but this time when checking it using the Developer option it didnā€™t show the local: or cloud: entry even if I allowed it to connect to the internet! So I have no idea why my Bridge is behaving differently to others.
Rather than waste any more time trying to get it to work off line with the Sonoff firmware installed I did the hardware modifications and installed EspHome and it now works offline.

Bridge shows its status (local or cloud) when receive some RF signal. If you configure it for receiving any signals.

I confirm it works. Switch, Voltage, Energy.
For your information, this is the info I get.
One question, the ewelink app suggests me to update the firmware, not a good idea, do you confirm?

Manufacturer
coolkit
Model
PSF-X67
Sw version
PSF-B67-GL v3.3.0
Local
Cloud
Rssi
Power
Current
Voltage

Donā€™t know about update. Usual nothing bad happens.

Hi grate job @AlexxIT.

One questionā€¦
Does it support the SONOFF zigbee switch ZBMINI?? I mean using the sonoff zigbee bridge + the switch ZBMINI with the sonofflan integration. I didnt see on the list of devices and i was wondering to buy it.
thank

This is a different thing but when I recently updated a device with latest Tuya firmware, then I was unable to flash with OTA Tasmota.

I have received ZB MINI few days ago. Will add support when find time.

But ZB Bridge on original firmware not best solution for Zigbee today.

Hey thanks.
I wanted to try sonoff zigbee and i disnt want to flash tasmotaā€¦ I allready have cc2531 aand Z2mqtt but i cant add more devices in that cordinator and didt wan to touch this net becase it works ok (fingers crossed)ā€¦i wanted to add the sonoff oneā€¦ Why doesnt it work ok?? thanks

ZB Bridge support only Sonoff devices and work with Hass only via cloud.

Hi,
Firstly thanks for all the impressive work on this integration!
I am a totally noob at HA and have been trying to get some thinks working!
Now i bought a Sonoff POW R2 and want to read the power usage of the washer mashine. I have seen there are some nice automations, with notifications and more.
However, for starters I have implemented this integration and connected the POW, and now I try to understand how I can read the power, amp, and voltages out of the POW. In HA I only get a switch, nothing else!
Please excuse me for not yet knowing such basic things.
Maybe someone can point me in the direction where i can find any good (and easy) example of how to read these values (and make use of them). Preferably I would have sonsors with these readings.
Greatings from the HA kindergarten!