Control stateless cover from homekit

Hello,

I am controlling stateless windows cover (Somfy with RTS protocol) from HA and everything is fine. As there is no report of current position of a cover, both up and down button are always available.

Now, I would like to be able to do the same from my ios device and homekit control but it keeps track of my commands and set cover in open or close position.
The solution on Homebridge is to always set the cover back to 50%, so both up and down control are always available - Is there a equivalent solution with HA ?

1 Like

I am progressing in my understanding of home assistant.
I can force display of a stateful shutter in homekit and simulate the right behavior with:

cover:
  - platform: template
    covers:
      bureau_cover_stateless:
        unique_id: cover.bureau_stateless
        friendly_name: "Bureau HA Stateless"
        position_template: "50"
        open_cover:
          service: cover.open_cover
          data:
            entity_id: cover.bureau
        close_cover:
          service: cover.close_cover
          data:
        stop_cover:
          service: cover.stop_cover
          data:
        set_cover_position:
          service: cover.stop_cover # test purpose only
          data:

The trick is to add the set_cover_position to enable slider display in homekit.

Now I face a new issue : After a command form homekit (open of close), the control is stuck in “opening” or “closing” state and I cannot control the cover again.

2 Likes

This is a bit dated topic. I was wondering: Any progress? I’m currently facing a similar issue

Hello,

Unfortunately I did not manage to force cover position back to 50% from yaml configuration.
I also tried to discuss a patch in python code with no success - so I patch it myself on my local installation.

1 Like