Control Tado Smart AC

Currently it is only possible to see sensor values of the the tado smart ac unit using the tado component.

It would be nice to be able to control it too. E.g: AC Turn on/off, Dry Mode on/off, Fan on/off, Set Temperature.

As a workaround I use ifttt to turn the ac on and off right now.

I can’t even see temperature / humidity sensor value anymore. Are you still able to see those values in Home Assistant?

Hi,

I still see the temp and humidity values. There are not direclty provided with this compoentent, but you can extract them from the attributes list in the climate.yourdevicename entity.

- platform: template
  sensors:
    train_temp:
      friendly_name: "AC Temperature"
      unit_of_measurement: '°C'
      value_template: "{{ states.climate.*yourdevice*.attributes.current_temperature }}"

for humidty use: current_humidity

I thought it was already in place this thing but HA see my air conditioner as a heater. So it’s useless.
I hope I’m missing something…

Maybe you can change the device_class in customize.yaml

Unfortunately I see on documentation that only sensors and covers are supported by device class customization

@h4nc Which services did you use to let Home Assistant interact with Tado AC? Webhooks?
Thanks!

Yes, webhooks with IFTTT. Far away from perfect, but the only way I found.

Before I had hardware version 1. I switched to the current model V3 (because of native Homekit).

I can see the same issue like you. Before Tado showed “Cooling” now it shows “heat”.

So it’s seems like the component need a modification for different tado smart ac hardware models.

Don’t know where to address this. @cgtobi could you help with this question? Seems like you work a lot with the netatmo climate component. Maybe your experience can help here too.

Would be nice if we could fix this somehow

Would also love to have this integrated!

I managed to control the AC with Homekit integration in node red, only heat and cool