Control Xiaomi with Tradfri gateway

Hi, does anyone know or tested?

is it possible to add xiaomi devices to a tradfri gateway? i really like the xiaomi pir sensors

thnx in advance

U can try Zigbee to MQTT, I don’t think Xiaomi sensors will work on the Ikea Gatewaty.

i already have the conbee, but i want to try out an official gateway, not conbee/zigbee to mqtt anymore

do you maybe know if it will work other way around? add ikea stuff to xiaomi gateway ?

In the Xiaomi app there are a couple of Ikea bulb to connect with (E14 White / E27 Warm white), see attatched.

ok, thats indeed interesting, but no IKEA remotes? the 5 button, i have a few of them :slight_smile:

Not as far as I know. But you can connect them via conbee and use them :slight_smile:

indeed, but i have issues with conbee, just wanted to test an gateway :slight_smile:

What issues do you have with conbee? I would rather try to solve this issue than trying to add your Xiaomi devices to the Ikea hub or your Ikea devices to the Xiaomi Hub.
What if you buy an additonal zigbee device, which cannot be added to the Xiaomi or Ikea hub?

yes, i have problems, that my xiaomi pir sensors, are in like 10/20% of the time not detecting motion
i dont see the change stating in phoscon, while the mesh is good, all green lines, no interference of other wifi channels

but i only have Osram smart plugs as routers, i placed them for the only fucntion to act as routers
so its maybe my osram thats not passing the info, or the xiaomi isnt passing, or the conbee is nog getting information

my ikea remote switches are always working , no issues with those

so hard to tell where my issue is, i can start maybe with switch osrams to other smart plugs, but every action costs me money :slight_smile:
also, the advantage of an official gateway, is the possibility to update firmware, thats not possible with conbee for xiaomi/osram products

Fair point. I haven’t tested the Xiaomi PIR sensors, maybe there’s also an issue with them.

Keeping your hubs is always a good idea for firmware updates as you mentioned.

Maybe I can test the new Ikea pir sensor, the new model… Didnt like the old ones… , was not instant, and not easy to place on the ceiling