Control your Jura coffee machine

I will give that a try with a Wemos D1 mini now (level shifter is ordered already)

What you describe is like that setup isn’t it? (exepct the relais)

1 Like

Tried that today, and it works (not perfectly)… it realy seems that sometimes the commands are not accepted. For my ena micro 90 the programm codes also differs from the setup described in post 1. What i figured out is turn off, coffee, espresso, cappucino, menu, strong/normal, steam, thats it. Sometimes the machine displays error 1 or error 10 in the display.

Hi,

first thanks for the great code, works like a charm - Tested with Impressa S9.

The only problem I have is with curl - I do always get “Bad Request”. Any idea why?

Thanks, Martin :slight_smile:

I can confirm the S8 works with the WEMOS. However if you shut it down using AN:02 the power disappears from the service port so you are not able to turn it on again. Weirdly not if you push the physical button on the device, then the power remains and you can turn it on using AN:01. Doesnt matter is ESM (Jura energy setting) is switched on or off.

I just opened my S8 and discovered two switches attached to the physical button on the device. The first one is 5v, used to initiate the shutdown sequence. Like the service port the power disappeared if the device is switched off using AN:02. The second switch is regular 230v current from the power grid.

I use Fibaro Home Center 2 to control my home, calling the coffee API works fine, to be able to turn the device on I used the Fibaro Double Relay Switch and connected the 230v cable attached to the switch of the Jura S8 to the IN and Q1 port of the Fibaro. To let the Fibaro work I used the 230v cable inside the machine. The Fibaro fits neatly in the device.

IMG_0688

Now I only had to add the Fibaro to a scene and let it switch two times (to replicate pushing the button). I tested the scene… click… click… and the Jura logo appeared! Hooray! Now the Jura starts automatically in the morning and joins the kitchen light scenes.

Thanks for this awesome post and its contribution to it. It was fun!

2 Likes

hello, i found this post on google and want donthe same thing as you with the jura
So i have connected a nodemcu v3 and via the web interface it works!
But wenn in do in putty
curl -d AN:01 192.168.1.30/api” it dont work i got the response in putty bad request do i do somthing wrong or istbpossible to test the url in a commandline?

Do you already know how to debug / decipher the Smart connect protocol?

1 Like

Hey, i just found your answer,
can you tell me what pins you used?
i also have a s9 and want to automate it

1 Like

Try this syntax if you get the Bad request response.
“curl -X POST -H Content-Type: text/plain --data AN:01 http://192.168.xxx.xxx/api

1 Like

Does anyone know the protocol how to talk to the Jura machine? The specific binary values it communicates with?

1 Like

Looks like old topic…
Anyway I have question: I have Jura Z6 with bluetooth module (Smart Connect).
Any chance to use some integration with hass.io?

bluetooth%20module

1 Like

Hi there, Im looking for the full list of codes compatible with Ena7. Anyone could help ?
I have so far the following :
FA:01 - Turns off (but does not seem to rinse, even if needed)
FA:02 - Responds ‘ok’ but not sure what it does.
FA:03 - Rinse Message (Forces a ‘rinse’ message on the screen, pressing rotary rinses machine)
FA:04 - Rinse Action - Rinses when ‘Press Rotary button’ message appears, otherwise does nothing
FA:05 - Strong on screen (Presumably combine this with making a coffee for strong)
FA:06 - Strong on screen (Presumably combine this with making a coffee for strong)
FA:07 - ‘Special’ on screen but does not actually do anything, not sure what this is for
FA:08 - Steam
FA:09 - Small Coffee
FA:0A - Large Coffee

1 Like

Have you looked on THIS - www.coffeemakers.de forum ?

1 Like

Is there a way to make this work on a Impressa J9?

3 Likes

Dear all,

Did somebody get it working on a Impressa F50 or know it should work ?
I tried really everything, but my Impressa F50 does not respond on the command.

Can somebody help me please ?

Thank you
André

1 Like

Sadly, @Blueforcer just copy-pasted the source code from the original site and removed the copyright header. That’s considered bad style.

1 Like

Nobody said its made by me, just shared my instructions on how to setup, wire and control from Homeassistant. It was once the plan to expand it further, but had never found the time for. But to put your mind at ease I have replaced the link, because I do not follow the project on my git any further

1 Like

I have cobbled together an ESPhome custom component that allows basic control and monitoring of a Jura Impressa J6:

Hope it helps someone!

7 Likes

Hey wold it help if we get the MDB_Interface_Software.exe from Jura? And did you se this thing? https://www.jurang.co.uk/shop/coffee-machine-spares-and-parts/789-jura-data-communicator.html

I know the instaler from jura in my city i can ask if i can by 1 or if he has tips.

Cheers luuk

1 Like

Hey all. Any commonly accepted methods to connect to the Jura S8 over Wifi?

Has anyone explored some sort of bluetooth extension so that your phone/JOE App - will see the coffee machine from much farther distances?

1 Like