Control your Jura coffee machine

Which female pin do I need for the connection?

Will the following ones work:
1x4pin 2,54mm for Arduino Prototype Shield

1 Like

Here’s a great page on how to communicate with the new (generation 7) Jura machines like the S8, Z6, etc. You can tell it’s a Gen 7 machine because it’s compatible with the Smart Connect dongle. I tried getting the project to work, but there’s a ton of superfluous code for XMPP protocols and such. I’d like to just pull out the source for communicating commands to the coffee maker over two pin serial, but I haven’t been able to find the time. Putting this here in case someone else can put a project together for the community:

2 Likes

Interesting project… Not clear for me what kind of hardware they use to connect to ‘Jura’ coffee machine… And where it is connected… (just instead of the original Jura ‘Bluetooth’ dongle ?).

1 Like

I have jura c5 .This model have a rotary button with 3 level chose:
a) type coffe( espresso or 2 standard coffe or 2 coups ), and steam
b) how strong product is
c) how much
I dont have any command to make product . AN:01, AN:02 and FA:09(steam, because its 1 level ) work. FN command work to but i break my Tp fuse, and i stop test it . I send a lot off command , i create a simple POST sender and about 2 day i send in loop command. A lot of command reqest 200 OK but realy dont work.
if somebody have command for jura c5 pleas ,give me information.

1 Like

I started this project.
Since then I separated everything required into their own projects on GitHub with a lot of documentation.

JURA changed the protocol/obfuscation used for communicating with their coffee makers when they introduced the “Smart Connect” dongle.
Here is the new protocol:

3 Likes

hi @Kacper_Kozlowski
Did you find some more commands that work? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

some c5 commands would be fine :slight_smile:

have scripted a loop (ps script) from FN:00 to FN:FF and sended it to the machine → nothing -.- think is not possible

2 Likes

I got one of the newer Z10 models from Jura, got the D1 mini hooked up to the 7 port service port but keep getting 503 responses sadly, anyone dealing with the same?

1 Like

Can you tell me what codes are working for the Ena Micro 90? I’m trying to get mine going without any succes so far…

Thanks!

2 Likes

I have a Jura E8 with the bluetooth smart connect. It’s very disappointing since it seems to have very limited range. I would be very interested in finding out if anyone has decoded it and found a way to kick off commands. A single macro to make back-to-back espresso doppios, as simple as it sounds, would be a game changer.

2 Likes

It seems to be also WiFi version now
[WiFi Connect - International]
I will get one in couple days, let’s see.

1 Like

Just got a wifi smart connect dongle. It connects the Jura to the wifi. The main problem I see is that the machine cuts power to the dongle in energy saving mode. So no chance to turn it back on without physically pushing the button again.

1 Like

Is it possible to control by using a wifi dongle? Did it work? Was looking for more info about this ’ normal’ fix. Everything i came a cross was by using a esp8266 or else. Is there anybody out there using an original Jura Wifi Dongle in his Jura coffee machine? Maybe somebody is handy enough reverse engineering this protocol, more info on: http://protocoljura.wiki-site.com/index.php/Hauptseite

I’m interested in this also, as I would like to buy the Jura ENA 4 which supports the wifi dongle

1 Like

Thanks, I used your manual and esphome scripts to connect my Jura F7 and that works perfectly.

Only my Jura F7 uses some other codes for commands. I’m trying to get the RAW output from the Jura back into the ESP_LOGS (I also added the webserver option to esphome) so that I can monitor what Jura uses on button presses and menu toggles.

I saw a bit of code in the jura_coffee.h script to output some raw code. but that’s not enough… it’s just a part of the string that we need…

Does anybody know how to get the raw data into ESPHOME logs ? the direct UART data.
And I’m also trying to get the CURL working… so I can try it remotely… no luck there… I using this:
curl -X POST -i http://192.XXX.X.XXX:6053' --data 'Content-Type: text/plain --data AN:01
but stil no answer… and ESPlogs : Reading failed: BAD_INDICATOR errno=11

1 Like

Hi, has any one connected the Jura E6 already?

1 Like

I bought also the WIFI(and Bluetooth) dongle. The app is nice but my only reason was to integrate it in Home Assistant :).
So I follow this topic!

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Created an account especially for this topic. :slight_smile:

I bought a Jura E6 with a WiFi smart connect plug. I “thought” to have seen the E6 was compatible but was too fast with ordering because it seemed afterwards that only the Bluetooth Smart Connect was compatible. Well, that escalated quickly :sweat_smile:

But I popped open the WiFi Smart Connect and noticed they use a Espressif ESP board. So I took some pictures for other people to see. I would love to help in getting my E6 working on WiFi :slight_smile:

I actually use a Homey but am hoping to get something working through MQTT or whatever works.

Would something work like soldering an usb port to the Espressif and reading data from the unit?

4 Likes

Sorry for the extra post. I couldn’t add 2 photos in 1 post (newbie alert).

2 Likes