Controlling 4 numeric control entities from ONE control

Hello new user here…

I’ve been working through my configuration of various entities.

This is akin to drinking from a fire hose. I’m sure in time I’ll learn many of Home Assistants methods

Right now, I’m wondering if someone can help me figure out how to make a control/entity that will set the color temperature of 4 sky lights.

The four entities are these:

number.skylight_ne_temp_value_v2
number.skylight_nw_temp_value_v2
number.skylight_se_temp_value_v2
number.skylight_se_temp_value_v2

I want them to be set from one control, and there’ll likely never be a situation where I want one temp at 2000k and another at 4000k.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Regards,
Robert

Use a scene. If you always want them to be the same value. Then another scene if you want to set them all to different values, this is the simplest way.

Thanks for responding!

Will this method allow me to have a control on a dashboard that I can set?

Not if you want to change the values. But to have a number of scenes with set values is easy.

You could try something like this for what you want, there may be other blueprints try searching for them. I have not tried this so no idea if it will do what you want or not.

I don’t think I’m explaining what I’m looking to do. I want one control on a dashboard that will control four numeric entities in real time.

I want to control the value is real time. This will allow a user to set an arbitrary value at any time.

What I linked should do that.

What you’re asking for is a template number.

Template - Home Assistant

Make the action part set all of your other ents

(Scene is also OK but doesn’t give op the live control they want)

You can also use an entities card with these four numbers and add an action - such as double_tap - to each item (number) on the card, to transfer its value to the other numbers. A script can handle the transfer. This way, you retain the ability to modify each number individually.

Card
type: entities
entities:
  - entity: number.skylight_ne_temp_value_v2
    double_tap_action:
      action: perform-action
      perform_action: script.sync_numbers
      data:
        source: number.skylight_ne_temp_value_v2
  - entity: number.skylight_nw_temp_value_v2
    double_tap_action:
      action: perform-action
      perform_action: script.sync_numbers
      data:
        source: number.skylight_nw_temp_value_v2
  - entity: number.skylight_se_temp_value_v2
    double_tap_action:
      action: perform-action
      perform_action: script.sync_numbers
      data:
        source: number.skylight_se_temp_value_v2
  - entity: number.skylight_sw_temp_value_v2
    double_tap_action:
      action: perform-action
      perform_action: script.sync_numbers
      data:
        source: number.skylight_sw_temp_value_v2
state_color: false

Script
alias: Sync numbers
description: >-
  The script sets states of the entities listed in **`allNumbers`** to the state
  of the entity passed as **`source`**. The source entity must also be included
  in **`allNumbers`**.
sequence:
  - variables:
      allNumbers:
        - number.skylight_ne_temp_value_v2
        - number.skylight_nw_temp_value_v2
        - number.skylight_se_temp_value_v2
        - number.skylight_sw_temp_value_v2
      sourceState: >-
        {{ states(source) if source is string and source in allNumbers else none
        }}
  - if:
      - condition: template
        value_template: "{{ sourceState|is_number }}"
    then:
      - action: number.set_value
        target:
          entity_id: "{{ allNumbers|reject('eq',source)|list }}"
        data:
          value: "{{ sourceState }}"
    alias: if the state of source entity is numeric

Just to do a quick sanity check here.

Are the four items showing up as lights/bulbs in Home Assistant at the moment?

If they are, you probably just want to create a light group.
That basically allows you to control the brightness, color temp on/off of all the bulbs as a single entity.

If they are not lights/bulbs and are in fact simply numeric entities (per your post title) then you will have to use one of the other answers here.

*points

he says they’re number entities above, David.

Is there any reason that a number group wouldn’t work?

I was sanity checking, because it’s not uncommon for posts to be X-Y problems.

Soooo true…