Controlling Ecobee Smart Recovery

Hi,
I would like to control the Smart Recovery from HA.
The reason is that the setting applies to all Comfort setting and sometimes you don’t want to have Smart Recovery active for the next scheduled confort setting.

Here is an example:
Smart Recovery is enabled (for all Comfort setting, no choice)
I use HA to set a low temp Comfort during an Energy Peak charges which has a define end time.
But the Smart Recovery start to heat before the end of the Energy Peak in prevision of the next Comfort schedule.

I think it is possible to add this to the integration because Ecobee has exposed the Smart Recovery setting to the Web interface. But I don’t have the knowledge to modify the .py files.

Regards
Benoit

Hi, Benoit!

Were you able to resolve this issue? I too would like to programmatically enable/disable Smart Recovery, but there seems to be no entity for it.
Like you, I want to use HA to optimize “Energy Peak” (in my case, Hydro Québec “Critical Periods”), but Smart Recovery messes things up.

I can always go to the ecobee thermostat itself to manually enable/disable (this seems to be the ONLY way to do it), but it’s a pain, and it’s buried deep in the menus.

Thanks!
A

P.S.: I’ve searched all over the 'Net, Reddit, HA Community, etc., and yours is the only post that directly addresses this, which is surprising, as I’d have thought others would have this need too.

Hi Assisted,
did not find a solution yet, same situation as yours for me with hydro-Québec.

What I think is the best solution is to disable Smart Recovery and use HA to program everything inluding a temperature ramp of 1 degree per hour to mimic the Smart Recovery. It need to be based on a Calendar like the Ecobee has. But I am not there yet.

One of my friend did extensive Python programming of HA to achieve similar automations. But I am not a programmer and for me it gets complicated quite fast when playing with advance HA configuration.

Regards
Benoit

Merci, Benoit!
Thanks for the reply!

I considered that, but I think it would rather complicated, and not come close to the sophistication of Smart Recovery, which uses many factors, including history, i.e. what it’s ‘learned’ about how quickly this particular house heats up given certain circumstances such as inside and outside temperature, etc.

My workaround so far has been to program an Automation that sends me an email reminder to disable Smart Recovery the day before a morning Critical, and then another to remind me to turn it back on again. These are triggered by HydroQC’s own events.