Controlling Ecowitt (Froggit, Ambient) subdevices

Hello,
I would like to introduce the product of a side-project of mine: Ecowitt-Controller.

It’s basically ecowitt2mqtt (well, not entirely but that was initial inspiration) but allows you to control subdevices such as WFC01 and AC1100. It’s written in dotnet, runs in a container and auto-discovers multiple gateways and subdevices. All gateways and subdevices are available to HomeAssistant via MQTT Discovery.

Link to project: GitHub - mplogas/ecowitt-controller: Read and control Ecowitt weatherstation and subdevices

I would like to invite the community to find bugs and improve documentation

How to get started:

1. create an appsettings.json file.
    minimal config (check the documentation on GH for other options):
     "mqtt": {
         "host": "",
         "user": "",
         "password": ""
       }

2. docker run -v /path/to/appsettings.json:/config/appsettings.json -p 8080:8080 --name ecowitt-controller mplogas/ecowitt-controller:latest
  3. open the Ecowitt gateway Web-UI (or use the WSView Plus app and select your gateway) and select Weather Service - Customized
  4. set the following options (modify the IP to your docker host):
  5. within a minute (if you’re running auto-discovery) Home Assistant should pick up all your gateways and their subdevices:

I am running this in production for a few days now and I have tested with GW1000 and GW2000 gateways (and WFC01 and AC1100 subdevices).
I added dynamic sensor discovery, but I don’t have all available sensors, so I need your help :slight_smile:

Let me know what you think and post issues to GitHub.

Thanks!

1 Like

@mods:Please move this post to “Share your Projects” if you feel it would be a better fit.

1 Like