Controlling somfy IO and RTS in HA via connectivity kit or tahoma switch?

Hi all,

Kinda new in using somfy integration in HA, hope you can help. Recently I bought some Somfy products ( RTS curtain rails/ blinds and some IO shutters). Bought them before thinking about the possibillities to integrate them into HA… I always said i didn’t want to buy extra HUBs, but I don’t think there’s a way out.

So basically I’m watching to buy a tahoma switch (kinda expensive) or, prefferably the more afforable somfy connectivity kit. Does anyone have experience in using IO and RTS via connectivity kit? What are the main limitations?

I’m planning to use the overkizz integrations and next to the Somfy stuff I have some hue lights/ sensors, sonos boxes. So HA will stay the main controlling system to manage my smart home, but hopefully soon with the blinds and shutters in a afforable way.

You can give this project a try. It is inexpensive, easy to do, and will keep track of the shade positions.

Does look like a solid solution for RTS, but I will still face the issue with the somfy IO screen/ shutters. I hope to find a solution for both

Sorry I do not have any Somfy IO devices. I can tell you that the RTS devices you have will sing.

1 Like
Hi 
I am very interested in the espsomfy_rts custom repository, but i could not find it in hacs.

In HACS click the 3 dot menu in the upper right. Then choose Custom Repositories from the menu. When the dialog appears put https://github.com/rstrouse/ESPSomfy-RTS-HA in the repository field and select integration as the category. It will then give you the option to download the integration.

Ah Perfect and thanks for the help