Convert danfoss trv room load balancing (z2m) blueprint for zha

Hello, i was using home assistant with a sonoff-p stick and zigbee2mqtt. I had that setup about 2 month, but z2m was very unstable (i had to reboot at least minimum 2 times a days, devices are disconnected), and a few days ago i bought a skyconnect stick and changed to zha now. The network seems to be much faster and devices respond immediately. I have a few aqara temperature and use these with danfoss ally trvs. With zigbee2mqtt it was possible, to use a blueprint from @napalm for radiator load balancing and external room temperature measuring. The combination of those blueprints was great, but sadly there is only a room temperature measuring blueprint for zha. May someone convert that radiator load balancing blueprint to zha, maybe using the zha-toolkit?

This is the link for the blueprint:
Zigbee2MQTT - Danfoss Ally TRV Room Load Balancing - Blueprints Exchange - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

Thank you!

The Feature Requests category is for requesting changes or additions to the core Home Assistant application, not configuring blueprints. Mode to a more appropriate category.

Have you tried using your SkyConnect with Zigbee2mqtt?

Maybe the coordinator hardware was the issue rather than Zigbee2mqtt.

Hello tom_l, thank you for your response and putting these to the right place. I started around 4 month ago with home assistant with a raspberry pi 4 and sonoff-p-usb coordinator . I build this for the control of 11 Popp 701721 trvs (similar to “danfoss ally”) at 9 rooms in combination with aqara wsdcgq11lm temperature sensors and combination with “better thermostat”. When i started, i used zha for all my zigbee devices, that worked flawless. Then i figured out, that some grouped thermostats ( 2 trvs bounded) are uneven heating. One was hot, while the other one was nearly cold. I started to take a look at the danfoss ally documentation and found out, that there is some “load balancing” function at these trvs, but there was only a blueprint for zigbee2mqtt. I decided to switch to zigbee2qtt. I had many issues that the Popp trvs are sometimes not responding to the coordinator and many other issues. The more i updated, the more frustrating i was, because i had to reboot at least two times a day - all zigbee devices are not responsibe anymore. Then i decided to reinstall home assistant and started from scratch. The same issues as appear. Then i bought a conbee II stick and started again from scratch. I also had a lot of issues. Last option i thought was, going back to zha. I have readed, that the skyconnect stick is recommended for home assistant. I ordered one and when it arrived, i started again from scratch - repairing, automations and so on. Now everything is working flawless - nearly. I just need that radiator load balancing back… :smiley: For me, zigbee2mqtt is no option anymore with my device combinations. The other thing is: it is winter, i cant take hours into playing with home assistant - i need a working trv config with room temperature correction. As i said, actually it works great. I also bought an esera ebus coupler and read data from my vaillat ecotec plus heater which also works great. Later this year, when heating season is over, i may change better thermostat to node red and build my own thermostat-automations depending on forward flow temperature and other criterias.