Convert string to individual words

I have recently setup Frigate, double-take and the like so I can have camera push notifications when a person is seen. I realized I have a small problem with my setup. I’m not a good enough programmer to figure out the right syntax to solve the problem.

I want my notifications to be well formatted so I took the camera name string test_camera and split it as such:

{{ (trigger.entity_id.split('_')[-2]).capitalize() }} {{ (trigger.entity_id.split('_')[-1]).capitalize() }} seen {{ (trigger.to_state.state.split('_')[-2]).capitalize() }} {{ (trigger.to_state.state.split('_')[-1]).capitalize() }}

Variable examples
trigger.entity_id = “sensor.double_take_billy_joel”, “sensor.double_take_tom”, “sensor.double_take_ups_delivery_guy”
trigger.to_state.state = “test_camera”, “front_door_camera”, “top_right_camera”, “backyard_camera”

This works fine for “test_camera” to convert it to “Test Camera” but what about when I install “front_right_camera” it would get cut off as “Right Camera”

Could somebody help me figure out the logic to make this work for cameras (and people) of various name lengths. I expect I’m going to need to split the string into an array and then parse it with a loop but I don’t know where to start.

{{ (trigger.entity_id.split('.')[1].split('_') |join(' ')).title() }}

Well you made that easy. I was definitely overthinking it. Thank You

My final syntax is…

For People Names:

{{ (trigger.entity_id.split('sensor.double_take')[1].split('_') |join(' ')).title() }}

For Camera Names:

{{ (trigger.to_state.state.split('_') | join(' ')).title() }}

Here’s an alternative but it only works if the entity_id is a sensor (because the template relies on discarding the first seven characters).

{{ trigger.entity_id[7:]|replace('_', ' ')|title }}