Convert Xiaomi LYWSD03MMC From Bluetooth To Zigbee

2 Likes

Very cool, with a conversation about it here. I have a number of these that are no longer being used (replaced with esphome sensors), so thought I’d give this a go. The first one I tried I suspect I have broken by losing track of browser tabs and accidentally uploading the initial binary via the zigbee rather than telink loader, and may need to reset it via the uart. The second one seemed to work although I am at the stage where I am trying to get it to be seen by HA but removing battery and waiting and/or resetting the device for more than 3 seconds does not seem to put it in pairing mode. Or possibly it’s not recognised by the native zigbee HA support so I need to use zigbee2mqtt. Not sure. I might leave it as is for now, but maybe in the future I’ll try zigbee2mqtt and see if that can find it. update Actually, just needed to put in a new battery. The old one was able to show the temperature etc but I guess didn’t have enough power to register.

Small point - if you do move these over to zigbee, I assume that the battery will not last anywhere near as long. Zigbee will use more power plus it is set to report more frequently.

…and over the course of 12 hours the battery has dropped from 100% to 92%, which is not a great sign. Is early days yet, so will of course keep monitoring it. It is really interesting that it can support Zigbee, but suspect that unless you power it separately then you would be going through too many batteries to make it worthwhile.

1 Like

Update - now at 82%

Hi there @zagnuts , how is it looking now? I am thinking about purchasing and switching zo Zigbee, so knowing the situation would be awesome.

Thanks!

I’ve converted all 6 of mine and are all working great

How long does the battery work?

I had battery entities excluded from recorder so don’t know. I’ve added them back in and I’ll monitor them for a few days

Thank you very much. Will wait for your update.

Is it still dropping a lot?

Looking at all mine they are all different rates. One has lost 2%, one has lost none and one has gone up 3% ! I guess it’s not that accurate.

1 Like

It seems to have stabilised at just over 80%, so that’s actually really good news. If it can last for more than say 6 months I’d say it’s a win.

Has anyone got this working in Z2M? It shows up but says it’s unsupported

Yup, quite a few of them. No problems at all. Also battery life seems to be normal.

I should be more patient. It’s showing up properly now. Thanks.

Did any1 have that issue with LYWSD03MM. It stuck on installing for 4-5 days:

Other than that its working like charm!

Maybe replace the battery .

FWIW I’ve migrated another sensor to Zigbee and will monitor that as well. I went to do another and found that it was running a newer version of firmware - specifically it was coming up with the error “(!) Version: 2.1.1_0159 is temporarily not supported (!)”. It is possible to resolve this by hardwiring the sensor and flashing it directly, but I’ll put that in the todo later basket I think. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not really. In fact at times it has gone up! It has currently stabilised around the 82% mark now, with voltage variation potentially linked to air temperature ie it can drop when it’s colder and rise when it gets warmer - which is logical. The question mark is more how long it will be before the battery dies - at the moment though it looks like they will last a lot longer than I had initially thought they might.

1 Like