Cookies in a Webpage card (iframe)

I work for Bata Industrials which is a Safety Shoe company in the Netherlands. We have an outlet store which also functions as a pilot store to test new idea’s
We came up with the plan to create an interactive display that display information about a particular shoe.

The idea is to use the ESP Home tag reader from Andrea (https://shop.adonno.com/)
When a tag attached to a display shoe is scanned a virtual switch is set to on and a conditional lovelace card than shows a webpage card with the shoe’s content

So far all works well.

The default Webpage card that is shown when no shoe Is scanned should be the WooCommerce web shop we have.
Unfortunately, it seems that the Webpage card does not allow Cookies.
Cookies are needed for the web shop to function: WordPress cookies en PHP sessies — Alles wat jij moet weten
Does anyone have an idea on how to get this working? Is there an alternative for the Webpage card that does allow cookies?

Nice idea! :slight_smile: :+1: And nice display! :slight_smile:

I’m not an expert in cookie settings, but couldn’t you just call the page from that browser for one time, accept the cookies, set them for 20 years (browser tools) and then call it via the iframe-card? It’s just a guess, but normally cookies should be shared in the browser for the same page. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’ll showcase the whole setup in a video once we have it all working! I just stumbled upon this medium post: Cookies and Iframes. If your application runs inside an… | by Marcos Abel | Trabe | Medium So, it is probably our web developer that needs to solve this!

The problem might be, that a lot of users (and some browsers) by default set their preferences with a no “third-party” rule.

But it’s probably best to share your thoughts with your developer. There should be a possibility to work with some specific cookies only for the displays in the shop. :slight_smile:

Let us know, what you come up with, and I’m waiting patiently for that show off video. :slight_smile:

Nice project. I also want to display a website that needs cookies and a csrf token. What is your solution? Thanks in advance

What is the solution to third party cookies?

any solution to this? the blitzortung lightning page asks for cookies everytime I open my weather page on lovelace.