Cooking Recipes

Hi,

This is my first time posting here. I am looking for some advice.

I haven’t been able to find an integration for storing cooking recipes. Right now, I am storing some recipes in Markup cards on a dashboard but I don’t think this is the best way to hold, store, or show this information.

Does anyone have advice on what the right method of doing this is? I am not looking for a super polished result. I don’t mind trying to tinker on this, but I wanted to get some ideas from the experts in case there is something already out there that I couldn’t find when I was searching for recipes and cooking topics. And I don’t think using Markdown cards and storing this in a graphics area is the right move.

Thanks!

Hey, have you found a solution?

Have you tried the official addon:

It can store recipes and can be used for:

• Stock management
  • Shopping list
  • Chores & tasks
  • Inventory
  • and many more.
1 Like

I use mealie, it’s pretty good and you can import through an addon

2 Likes

Great recommendation. I hadn’t heard about this before and it sounds exactly like what I am looking for. I know it may not be a full HA integration but I really appreciate the comment!!!

I totally get what you mean about finding the right method for storing cooking recipes. It can be a bit of a challenge sometimes. One suggestion I have is to check out this awesome blog called Americas Restaurant. They have a ton of interesting recipes and also share some amazing food places to visit. It’s a treasure trove of culinary inspiration! You might find some innovative ways to store and organize your recipes there.

Anyone found a good way for recipes? Yes there is Grocy, but it’s super clunky in use. The UX just feels old fashioned, and their devs are supid toxic. I would love to have recipes in one place, and integrated into HA.